PDA

View Full Version : Malihini...

murrieta angler
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Are there limits on Bocaccio in Mexican waters?
It seems that boat is always over limit load and even have fish that were out of season, (rockfish)!? Thanks

Baja Vinnie
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Are there limits on Bocaccio in Mexican waters?
It seems that boat is always over limit load and even have fish that were out of season, (rockfish)!? Thanks

Mexican gamefish regulations:
In ocean waters and estuaries the limit is a total of ten fish per day, with no more than 5 catches of a single specie, except of the species of Marlin, Sailfish and Swordfish and Shark, of which only one specimen of either is allowed, and which counts as five toward the overall 10 fish limit, or Dorado, Roosterfish, Shad, or Tarpon, of which only two samples of each specie are allowed, and which count as five toward the overall 10 fish limit.

First you mentioned Bocaccio (Salmon grouper) in Mexican waters and then mentioned fish out of season. Did Mike fish BOTH mex and U.S waters in the same day? OR were you just in american waters?? There is NO rockfish off limits or out of season in Mexican waters. Not that I know of anyway.
The Malihini holds up to 59 passangers if I'm not mistaken. Thats a crap load of people on a 3/4 day boat if you ask me.

I know Mike VERY well and he's a very good friend and fisherman. Mikes partner Bill is a class act. They have alot invested in the Malihini and I highly doubt they would risk it on rockfish overfishing. In Mex or American waters.