PDA

View Full Version : HB Central

a biley
03-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Where are the fish?! water is clear, and has risen a lot!!! fished about an hour there for no bites. BTW HBJapo, I gave you a call, guess you weren't home.

some kid told me he caught a fish last week.

BassFreak
03-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry to hear.. Man thats a long way to go just to get skunked..

a biley
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM
not really, 10 minute drive

HBJapo
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey a biley,

I've been out of action recently. Hope to get back at it soon. Let's hit it soon. Thanks for the call.

Japo :Envious:

a biley
03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey a biley,

I've been out of action recently. Hope to get back at it soon. Let's hit it soon. Thanks for the call.

no problem, the water level is UP and water is CLEAR! surprisingly I had no bites. It was good conditions that day

Troutman65
09-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Anyone fish this park lake in the last 6 months :???:

taksx
09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I walk my dog there every other weekend. there are plenty of folks there fishing but I never see them smiling. :Skunk:

tucunare
09-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Was there about 2 wks ago just to get out of the house, caught one dink on a yozuri crystal minnow. Lots of families there, mostly bobber fishing, no one else caught anything.

Troutman65
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the updates :Cool:

TShaffer
09-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Where are the fish?! water is clear, and has risen a lot!!! fished about an hour there for no bites. BTW HBJapo, I gave you a call, guess you weren't home.

some kid told me he caught a fish last week.
It's real tough out there now. I've only caught a few small ones.

pineapple express
10-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok..... noob question a biley ? HB is where ? Huntington Beach... if so,
I've never had any luck there myself. Do we really know if there's
any ><> ish in there ??? things that make you say hhhmmm...
Been there 3 times and still nothing.

Troutman65
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Ok..... noob question a biley ? HB is where ? Huntington Beach... if so,
I've never had any luck there myself. Do we really know if there's
any ><> ish in there ??? things that make you say hhhmmm...
Been there 3 times and still nothing.

PE, It was stocked during the Winter Months with Trout and CATFISH during the summer Months. Lack of Funds have stoped the stockings as far as I know. There use to be Bass & Carp in the lake. Not sure if they all got fished out by the Bucket fishing brigade that has been fishing there for years.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
10-01-2009, 11:31 PM
bad moon faze

a biley
10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
This thread is old, but I went back there a month ago with the hot ticket that's for sure. Found the spot and lure. Seems like they're biting one color in particular

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
10-11-2009, 02:34 PM
My son and I have caught a few small (6in) bass a week ago, CR. Just as we were leaving, he catches a catfish using a small chartruse jig. Just as it hit the water, the catfish was on. Caught it next to a reed bed. It was about 1.5lb and pretty skinny. It was his 3rd catfish he ever caught in that lake. He just wanted you to know.

wtg kidd, maybe you can show these guys how to catch fish...:ROFL:

FISHINGINMYBLOOD9
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
HB central is realy hit or miss i have had plenty of skunk days over there, you have to realy know that lake verry well i have been fishing there since i was about 10 ( im 27 now )the lake used to have a realy healthy bass population there but not so good anymore, there some big boys in there there though and over the past few years the bass have making a come back but with all the buckets there it's not that easy for them, i was there about a month ago and caught 15 mosty dinks but fun still, then again a couple of weeks ago and there was a big bass die off ( so much for come back population ) they are doing some consteration right by there i figure has to do with that, just my opion on the lake, i love the lake just trying to keep the thread alive

HBJapo
10-30-2009, 11:19 AM
HB Central is awesome if you spend the time, like any other body of water..... El Japo has not been there much this year, but A Biley owns the place.... He is completely correct.... He knows....

skylarjames2009
11-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Thats so funny you were asking about HB Central, I went there this evening
after tuubing the Harbor, Not sure about the bass in there but there are some huge Catfish in there. I thought I would see if I could hook a bass with the last of my Ghost Shrimp and first cast BAM thought it was a bass turned out to be Blue Catfish:Surprised:. I also caught my first fish on my tube in the harbor.:Dancing Banana:

Troutman65
11-01-2009, 11:06 PM
HB Central is awesome if you spend the time, like any other body of water..... El Japo has not been there much this year, but A Biley owns the place.... He is completely correct.... He knows....

HBJapo , Dang , where have you been? The Chargers did good today as well as my Vikings .:Cool: