PDA

View Full Version : Ranting for the sake of it

Sue
03-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Ok, so I made my bed and I chose to lie in it.....I moved 6,000 miles away from my family because I wanted a better life for myself.
My brother spends half his time on facebook and twitter, constantly nattering back and forth with our uncle, aunt, cousins etc.
The last time I talked to my twin was on Christmas Day.because I called him...
The last email he sent me was in response to one I'd sent him regarding the one year anniversary of when mum passed away......his repsonse "Oh, I'm so lucky that I have my family here, and my wifes family....but you've got Gator, so you're alright". His facebook wall was filled with posts from our family and friends sending him hugs....me, I went fishing and didn't hear a ******* word.

Sure, I've got Gator, but he's not real family. Neither is Bob, Lynne, Michelle and Leighann who all treat me like their daughter/sister but it's not the same.

Am I being selfish that I'm pissed off and upset because I never hear from my family, yet they're always round at each others houses and doing stuff together?

Maybe I'm just feeling a little lonely right now. I feel like the Forgotten One.

Koshaw
03-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Awww *hugs Sue*

We are your family and friends as well hon =^^=

Feel free to call or msg us :D

I know how it is. My parents are 50 mi away, my bro and sis are like 3000mi away and my aunt is in Japan...

*hands Sue some fish and ice cream*

Hope you feel better Sue!

go fish
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Sometimes its out of sight out of mind I guess.You should think of all the good things here and be thankful for what you have now and what you have to look forward in the future. I,m sure they all love you very much and miss you.

olfishergal
03-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Sue, I've felt that way all my life. Sister and (2) brothers still alive and haven't heard from them in years....they live over the hill. I've made my life without them and probably the better for it. I just teach my kids to be family and stay close to each other. Remember you have your friends here and that means plenty. You've made a great life for yourself and I am happy to be even a small part of it and happy to call you my friend. Keep in touch. We have the best part of you. OFG

Ladyfish
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I do not think you are wrong to feel that way at all Sue. I also think it is good to get it off your chest. I have the same problem with my brother and it hurts real bad and sometimes it makes me really angry. All I can say is I am happy you have good friends to ease the pain.

Ladyfish

Sue
03-07-2009, 08:48 PM
I emailed my twin today to tell him how I feel. His response:

"I have my own life and I'm very happy with Lisa and her family. If you email me, I will make an effort to respond"

Sue
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Koshaw - thank you. You're always fun to fish with and I consider you a friend.

GoFish - I'm very thankful for who I have in my life over here....I have the best boyfriend in the world and the most amazing friends.

OFG - You are a true Legend and deserve the title, and I consider you a true friend. I hope that one day I will have your courage, strength and wisdom that I can pass on to someone else the way you encourage me.

Ladyfish - we need to hang out more! I thoroughly enjoyed bumping into you guys at FHS. Thank you for your kind words.

Koshaw
03-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Anytime Sue :D

Something just came to mind.

Some people say: "Friends are the family that you can choose"

=^^=

:D

Troutman65
03-08-2009, 06:02 PM
That kind of sucks Sue. ( About your Brother acting like that ) Just remember that you do have friends that care about you. We should get together sometime and have a Pint or two .:Smile: Hang in there.

joe man
03-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Sue I know what you mean. My family is on the east coast and rarely do I get calls from them. A few years back I decided that it was my job to stay in touch if I wanted to know what was happening with them. I have continued to bug them and have actually seen them a time or two over the last 10 years. I do not know about you but I am home sick really bad. I do not feel like we are a close family any more and I regret that my kids do not know their extended family. I have found that friends can be family if I do my part to make it happen. I am surrounded be really good people who feel and act like family if I only allow myself to drop my gaurd and let them in.