PDA

View Full Version : 3-6-09 Limit in 1 1/2 hours

Troutman65
03-06-2009, 10:32 PM
I decided to fish after work today and its been a month no fishing for me. Today at the lake was WIDE open. I set up at 2:15 PM and had a line wet at 2 :30 PM I used a short leader ( 6" to 10 ") and Salmon Peach Power Bait. Everyone around me was catching and on everything. This was one of those EPIC days for sure.

I baited up and casted out . I then tied up my other rod. As I was tieing up I got my first bite. SWEET !!! The trout jumped and took line and was fun for me to have a trout on my hook after a month of no fishing. Skunk off and got my other line out.( First trout was 1.7 Lbs. ) I got hit again and this one was a larger trout. It fought and took line off my real like Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I got him close to lands edge and this Crazy Strong Trout took off again . It was on the top of the water and going out like a Darodo or something. Unbeliveable. But people witnessed it. This turned out to be one of the Steelhead trout that were planted and the exact trout I was after. This trout weighed 1.10 It sure fought like a 3 or 4 lber. No kidding. I then rebaited w/ same Salmon Peach PB and casted out and hit the trout on the head as it bit instantly and the fight was on. I could tell this was a larger modle and I was careful not to mess with the drag. I got it in close and it took 3 or 4 runs with line going out like crazy before I got it in to shore. This one was a 2.8. I then get hit once again and I can tell it;s even bigger than the last one. Sweet !!! Same thing I fought it and when I got it close to shore it took off like a freight train. I got that one in and it was a 3.0 exactly. A nice fat one with btrute shoulders. At this point I am looking at the trout in my net more closely and seeing that these are the Steelhead trout that I was after . ( I later conformed this as the meat on these trout were PINK when I cut them open ) .

I then hooked up on my last trout and it was a rainbow that weighed 1.8

The weather should hold out for the weekend , I would go out to the lake and get some !!!!

Thanks for reading

ghetto dad
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
GREAT report parick....glad you got to fish and catch brother!!! take care...

GD

Troutman65
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM
GREAT report parick....glad you got to fish and catch brother!!! take care...

GD

Thanks Steve. I sure hope to get out on the Salt with you and the crew this Spring. It was a fun day fishing for me and thats what its about . I know when I do finally get out on the Salt I want to to be there with me Bro !!:Wink:

ghetto dad
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks Steve. I sure hope to get out on the Salt with you and the crew this Spring. It was a fun day fishing for me and thats what its about . I know when I do finally get out on the Salt I want to to be there with me Bro !!:Wink:

Hit me up a week in advance brother, I will DEF do whatever it takes to fish with you homie....

GD

BIGRED KILLA
03-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the report nice job on the limit.

Bigred

Mondo21
03-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Wow!!! That was one exciting report! It made me feel like I was there with you! I just don't know how you can go a month without fishing and you work right there. I think I would be fishing at least 3 times a week if not more! Glad you slayed the Trout in record time. Hope to see you soon. I'm trying to get out there w/Dirty Girl and Fisherbrat. She was busy this Saturday,couldn't come out to slay. I will try to get w/them next Saturday. Cindy

MAVERICK27
03-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Nice job Patrick! You certainly deserve it buddy! Thanks for the report and heads up. I'll hit you up on your spot when I see you in the morning!!!

Eat Sleep Fish
03-07-2009, 12:13 PM
awesome report.. good job on the trout.

Koshaw
03-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Good job and great report! Where were ya?

=)

Any pics? :D

Mondo21
03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Good job and great report! Where were ya?

=)

Any pics? :D

Maybe he'll give you the answer in a PM Koshaw.

chivo
03-07-2009, 05:40 PM
sounds like it was a pretty good work day after all. nice job,

Rooster
03-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice to hear ya got some. Great report bro.. I hope the kencor still works like it did in years past. :Wink:

crappiemike
03-07-2009, 07:55 PM
thnx for the report, you should see out there this coming week, fishing hard!!!

cm

Hitts0n
03-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Its about time you made a report! Hell yeah,limits br0 ! Fish 0n ! C0ngrats and see you so0n !

FISHJUNKIE4446
03-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Great report, Nice to hear that they gave you time to go fishing!!!!!

yamafish
03-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Nice report..
Yeah know.. If the lakes wind of your masterful angling skills and limiting so fast... They just may allot you less time to fish LOL

Congrats Bro! I'll see ya next Sat for the Berkley Cup

Rodger - YamaFish

diamondbear
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
YOUR well overdue on your limit of trout Patrick . Still looks like you have the luck of the IRISH , ha

Troutman65
03-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for reading and all the replys everyone.

boxl0bster
03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
awesome! good job tm! i've never been so fortunate to experience a limit that fast. thanks for the report. :Cool::)

troutdog
03-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Nice job TM65! With you getting a limit and Hitts almost getting his last week, I guess the fishing is pretty much wide open and I have a chance at getting a couple fish! Saweeet!:Wink: Thanks for the report buddy...

TD

FISHSTIX
03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
awesome job on pulling in a limit in that amount of time!
thanks for the report, see you out there soon

Troutman65
03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Nice to hear ya got some. Great report bro.. I hope the kencor still works like it did in years past. :Wink:

I broke one of the Kencor's out . The Zebra. I heard a nasty rumor that Kencor closed its doors and called it a day. Anyone hear anything like that? I sure hope its not true. :Sad:

lowe
03-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Great report Troutman65
Yes sir, I do know what you are talking about, I can not wait to get back out there again, it has been a while for me, It is good to hear you had a great time out there on the water.
Thanks for the report. lo..