PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know anything about lake miramar in san diego

hookup
03-06-2009, 05:42 PM
just wanted to know if there is any good bass fishing out there.im going out there for the first time tommorow some guy talked me into going with him.

Ted
03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
just wanted to know if there is any good bass fishing out there.im going out there for the first time tommorow some guy talked me into going with him.

That lake is very clear most of the time.
Light line and finesse baits near the tules.

I haven't fished it since I was a kid and that was long ago.

GdHkSet1
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Same here, have'nt fished Miramar in years, try SDFish website:http://www.sdfish.com/
nice lmbs in there.

Good luck

jlgarciaiii22
03-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Never Fished there but my advice to you is.... Do not start walking the trail!!!! Myself and my cousin was working close by, decided to take a stroll in the park. Walked the entire lake for a brutal 4 miles in very hot weather! The catch is once you start walking you realize that the trail is not directly against the shoreline, zigzags into the woods all the way around the lake!

team760
03-06-2009, 07:47 PM

dont know, but the trout fishing is hot right now......a few around 18 to 22 inch long and alot a little smaller....limits every time

hughpam
03-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Fish there from time to time. The water is crystal clear, so the bass are skittish. The toolies are thick. I have better luck in other lakes.