PDA

View Full Version : Late report dvl 3-3

Captwoody
03-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I hit up DVL for the first time in a kayak on tuesday from 1100-200pm. more of a prefish tan a fishing trip. went to the store and got my pelican pursuit inspected and got my sticker. bought my permit and launched my boat. plan was to fish for trout in the marina area. problem#1 they no longer stock marina area they stock over by east dam where the road comes down. problem# 2 you get what you pay for when it come to kayaks, the pursuit is the poorest tracking kayak I have ever paddled. but in its defence it will get you out there. fished power worms and trolled small spoons for one bite and a stripe. paddled marina to east dam to 3rd cove around the islands back to marina. lots of small males on the beds only saw one trout that was crippled by a larger fish. should have brought some white tubes for the LMB. Ilive in murrieta so any other kayakers willing to show the way I am interested. later -woody

aftahour
03-07-2009, 06:18 PM
nice report woody. is ur a sit inside or on top? im also in murrieta but i fish the ocean more.

socalhover
03-08-2009, 09:43 AM
thanks for the report captwoody. i've always wanted to yak that place but unfortunately it is only open to sit ins. i would love to take my hobie there and do some trolling.