PDA

View Full Version : legg lake or downey wilderness

Fishicidal187
03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Are any of these lakes holding trout? I wanna take my boy's fishing today since they don't have school.

a biley
03-06-2009, 09:57 AM
I'' tell you one thing, I would never let my gear touch that nasty water they call downey wilderness

Turtleracer01
03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
both were stocked with trout this week.

Fishicidal187
03-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Did they stock all three lakes at Legg lake? Or did they just stock the north lake?

jlgarciaiii22
03-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Don't waste your time at Wilderness.... before it was stocked, myself and 1 other man was fishing... but as soon as the truck arrived about 15 Legg Lake regulars showed up exactly at the time of stocking:???: Makes you wonder how they knew to arrive at that time and day:???:

Only stocked a few nets of trout and this short,fat older man was catching small trout, abusing the **** out of them when removing hook and throwing them back! Only kept the larger ones, by the time i was leaving alot of dead trout floatin in the lake!!!! Pretty sure it's wipedout by now....

Obviously they have a connect with DFG who tipped them off when to be there..... but ***** catch your limit regardless of size and go chase the truck at the next stop *********$!!!!!!!!

The Rookie
03-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I tried fishing there last summer at the time of a catfish stocking. I counted 77 people fishing the little lake closest to the building. Everyone had 2-5 poles and very few had liscenses it was fnn-uts! I am from Downey but wouldn't waste time there. It is simply too small, dirty and crowded. I bet you'd have better success and cleaner conditions just over the fence in the river.

smokinflies
03-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Don't waste your time at Wilderness.... before it was stocked, myself and 1 other man was fishing... but as soon as the truck arrived about 15 Legg Lake regulars showed up exactly at the time of stocking:???: Makes you wonder how they knew to arrive at that time and day:???:

Only stocked a few nets of trout and this short,fat older man was catching small trout, abusing the **** out of them when removing hook and throwing them back! Only kept the larger ones, by the time i was leaving alot of dead trout floatin in the lake!!!! Pretty sure it's wipedout by now....

Obviously they have a connect with DFG who tipped them off when to be there..... but ***** catch your limit regardless of size and go chase the truck at the next stop *********$!!!!!!!!

i don't think they have connections to the dfg.

these guys are at the lakes everyday, and soon as the truck rolls up, the cell phones come out. i've seen it many times.

PureAle
03-06-2009, 08:57 PM

these guys are at the lakes everyday, and soon as the truck rolls up, the cell phones come out. i've seen it many times.

yup, as soon as the truck rolls up,they phone the homiesssss.

jlgarciaiii22
03-07-2009, 10:05 AM

these guys are at the lakes everyday, and soon as the truck rolls up, the cell phones come out. i've seen it many times.They all showed up at the exact time the trucked pulled up, Like I said myself and 1 other where the only ones there. Must have been following the truck on freeway! My other point was catch your limit legally don't throw back what you know is just gonna die!