PDA

View Full Version : Kids Lagoon

jomggo
03-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi, all i was wondering if anyone has any pointers for the kids lagoon. i am going to take my boys there saturday. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LBSea
03-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Get there early. This place is ment for kids but I guarantee you will see as many if not more adults fishing it than their kids. What a joke fishermen like that are a joke. Anyway this is where my 6 & 8yr old boys like to fish and they seem to do OK. Try the corner closest to the takle shop if it is open or the shore area where the road goes to trout island, but the Trout Island road may be under water this time of year. Last spot would be on either side of the intel pipe.

Good luck and don't forget to let the kids reel the fish in even if they loss it, its just a fish! Otherwise what the F just leave the kids at home they don't have as much fun watching anyway.

LBSea

troutdog
03-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I take my daughter to there once in awhile, usually to break the skunk if the bite in the main lake is slow...best spot imo is putting your back to the big lake about 5-10yds to the left of the rental they have beached on shore. Cast out not more than 20 feet as there is a nice little trench that the fish tend to congregate in. Great spot for the kids to try their hand at casting as distance is not a factor and will surely help build confidence when they say "I caught a fish and casted all by myself!" Green or chartruese pb and you are golden. Good luck and have fun!

TD

pasadenafishin
03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
what i do is, stand with your back facing the real lake (on the road towards trout island) fish with a SMALL ball of garlic powerbait, i try to cast as FARRRR out as i possibly can, the further the better. Good luck go get em!!

Marley
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Is the lagoon still separate from the main lake?

fishboy93
03-06-2009, 11:31 PM
umm... well i always fish there when i go to the Vine. however i never use bait. i use a minijig or some kind of little rapala that doesnt go deep. last time i was there i got four brown trout in a row. like pasadenafishin said try to get a spot where your back is turned to the road. (im 15 by the way if ur wondering, not an adult, and i never keep any fish so its bad that i fish in the lagoon)

jomggo
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input. Me and my boys had a great time there. I will post pics of a couple of fish we caught.

Again thanks again for the great input.

fishndrinknsmokin
03-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Is the lagoon still separate from the main lake?

I was at the Vine today and the lagoon is still separate from the main lake. I didn't check but it looked like trout island is an island once again and the little strip that was dry a little while ago is under water now.

Marley
03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
I was at the Vine today and the lagoon is still separate from the main lake. I didn't check but it looked like trout island is an island once again and the little strip that was dry a little while ago is under water now.

Thanks. That opens up a handful of really good boating/tubing spots that pretty much suck from the shoreline, but are dynamite with a from-the-water presentation.

Bradakas
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
I'll be headed there sunday morning. Are the conditions still the same?

troutdog
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I'll be headed there sunday morning. Are the conditions still the same?

Pretty much the same drill...I read that a 6lber came out of the lagoon the other day, so hold on tight you just never know!

TD