PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Bluegill!

fishmounter
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Check out this awesome colored big Bluegill. Where's TJ?... He appreciates the colors of fish.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/OvertonTexasStrainBluegill.jpg
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/OvertonTexasStrainBG.jpg

Seng90806
03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
thats a nice one...where did you get it at? is the fish already mounted? never really pay attention to the colors of these gills so i cant really tell the different...but it does look beautiful tho

fishmounter
03-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I wish I could paint fish that good! No it's not a mounted fish, it's a live fish. A "new" strain of Bluegill from Texas. Seng, you are a young guy and want to catch panfish for the frying pan. That's great, I been there, done that. But when you get older and have caught thousands of fish, you slow down and look at what your catching a little closer. You'll look at and appreciate the beautiful colors, the cool shaped fins, and even the way the eyes move as you hold them in your hand. And you will no doubt let them go and thank them for the great fight and fun you had catching them.

Porkchop5420
03-05-2009, 10:06 PM
wow, I have never seen a Gill that color. That is pretty awesome.

CASTAWAY
03-06-2009, 07:08 AM
I wish I could paint fish that good! No it's not a mounted fish, it's a live fish. A "new" strain of Bluegill from Texas. Seng, you are a young guy and want to catch panfish for the frying pan. That's great, I been there, done that. But when you get older and have caught thousands of fish, you slow down and look at what your catching a little closer. You'll look at and appreciate the beautiful colors, the cool shaped fins, and even the way the eyes move as you hold them in your hand. And you will no doubt let them go and thank them for the great fight and fun you had catching them.

I know what you mean. That's why sometimes it feels good just to go out and get skunked cause if I land a nice one it's going in the frying pan.....:Smile:
Thanks for posting the pix. Beautiful fish.

Ifishtoolittle
03-06-2009, 05:19 PM
wow that is a cool looking gill'.

formosa
03-06-2009, 08:06 PM
it is a beauty, thanks for pix.

exfactor
03-07-2009, 09:49 AM
There are a lot of color variations in panfish depending on where they live in the USA. Watching them when they are alive is way better! Some of the fish that are in a river by me are really beautiful.