PDA

View Full Version : UFC 96, Who is watchin'??

Anaheim 151
03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Jackson vs Jardine, not the best call for a Main Event. But it should end in the 1st rnd.

Gonzaga vs Corwin, should be a good one!

mth1997
03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Always watching man!

I don't think Jackson/Jardine is a terrible main event. Not the greatest, but interesting. Page should KO Jardine in the 1st or 2nd, but Jardine has those nasty leg kicks like the ones that Forrest used to take Page out. Not a bad matchup if you ask me (though not great for Jardine).

And Carwin/Gonzaga...wow, this could be a highlight reel KO from either direction.

What about all the other fights: Vera back in action, Mark Munoz (a seriously bada$z wrestler with nasty ground n pound and decent striking) in his first UFC against Matt "I do a great impression of a wet blanket" Hamill, Jason Day v Kendall Grove, Matt Brown v Pete Sell...all potentially good fights. On paper it doesn't look great, but I think this could be an entertaining card.

Anaheim 151
03-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Vera has looked like crap the last few times out, it sux cuz I am big Vera fan and he has given me nothing to be excited about.

Like Vera, you can sub Groves name above and it fits to a T!

Munoz=BADASS

KaliDawgFan
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I think the Rampage-Jardine fight will be a good one. Jardine trains under Greg Jackson, and that guy always has a great gameplan.

mth1997
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Always watching man!

I don't think Jackson/Jardine is a terrible main event. Not the greatest, but interesting. Page should KO Jardine in the 1st or 2nd, but Jardine has those nasty leg kicks like the ones that Forrest used to take Page out. Not a bad matchup if you ask me (though not great for Jardine).

And Carwin/Gonzaga...wow, this could be a highlight reel KO from either direction.

What about all the other fights: Vera back in action, Mark Munoz (a seriously bada$z wrestler with nasty ground n pound and decent striking) in his first UFC against Matt "I do a great impression of a wet blanket" Hamill, Jason Day v Kendall Grove, Matt Brown v Pete Sell...all potentially good fights. On paper it doesn't look great, but I think this could be an entertaining card.

Wow, am I eating my words. I had a great, like 80%+, record on calling winners in MMA fights for the past 10 years. Then I posted a few predictions on FNN and I'm like 20% right. I picked Sell and Munoz to win by KO, both of em got KO'd. Lost a good buddy like $100 on my horrible predictions. I've won him some dough in the past so I don't feel too bad.

Anyway, how about Matt Hamill makin me sound like an idiot. Much improved standup in his last two fights and anything but a wet blanket this time. Munoz' standup was atrocious, I'm surprised he took so long to get KO'd. Grove and Vera did great, much to anaheim151's happiness, I bet.

Carwin v Gonzaga went how I envisioned it. Jardine lasted like a contender, my opinions on him change with every fight. Awesome event for all those who missed it.

The Angler
03-13-2009, 10:52 PM
eh wasted 55 bucks could have spent at corona lake!!!