PDA

View Full Version : Avet MC casting at Fred Hall.

That Dang Guy
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I went to Fred Halls yesterday for opening day and this is one of the things I wanted to check out. Basically, Avet has taken over the Lagoon in front of the convention center to allow people to cast their new MC reels. They also give you a free hat afterwards!

So...enough to the chit chat. How'd the reel feel with the new MC upgrades? I stepped up to the plate and put it to the minimum level of 1 and tried a pendulum style cast on the tennis ball. Overall, it's okay. Not as good as I originally thought it might. The overall braking is still rather high on level 1. I changed up casting styles to more of a slingshot sidearm cast. The distance was better, the sound of the spool speed souned like it was at the speed i was more comfortable to.

Does the MC version work? Yes. It'll definitely make it easier for someone to learn how to cast them...but I wish they could be completely turned off at some point. Go try it out. Pretty fun. I got hit by a tennis ball in the shoulder...didn't hurt. It's safe, just keep an eye out for stray tennis balls. =D

candyman
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!! I have been wanting to try the MC versions. Hopefully I can make it sat and maybe end up buying a new reel