PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Cup Tournament March 14th!!!

vineline
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Good morning Fnn:
We are getting close to the end of the qualifying rounds for the Master’s Invitational. There are 2 tournaments left on calendar the next being the Berkley Cup on Saturday March 14th. This is a huge event with some great prizes and a free raffle giveaway!
The next Berkley Cup Champion will not only qualify for the Master’s Invitational, he or she will also receive a Berkley Super prize pack worth $500.00 and will also have their name engraved on the beautiful perpetual Berkley Cup (currently on display at the Fred Hall Show).
We will also have a free raffle giveaway with some great prizes for anyone who shows up at the weigh-in.
Previous Berkley Cup Champions:
David Blankenhorn 2006
Tim Morlan 2007
Dr. Jose Ponce 2008
Who will be the next Berkley Cup Champion? With a little luck and skill, it could be you.
See you at the scales,
Vineline :Smile:

Hitts0n
03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Jimmy dump this fish in the middle of the lake so everyone will be lost fishing...lma00
We names some powerbait after u....lma00 !:Cool:

Troutman65
03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
This is going to be a Fun event and a Great day at the lake . Who is going to be there?

2quikmotorwerks
03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
i'll be there fri afternoon

Troutman65
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
i'll be there fri afternoon

K Pasta Bro. :Smile:

Glad you will be out for this event 2 Quick.:Smile:

Hope you do well bro.

the fish taco
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
See you guys Friday night.....

just kidding patrick!!!!!

Marley
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Saturday. AAARRGGGHHH!!!!!

BaseBallBat
03-10-2009, 06:34 PM
yeah make sure you guys run the boat right where all the Team Phenox guys are fishing like you did last time.... See you guys Friday night.....

Ouch ! Lmaoo ! Oh hail ole mighty Troutman !

troutdog
03-10-2009, 07:03 PM
yeah make sure you guys run the boat right where all the Team Phenox guys are fishing like you did last time.... See you guys Friday night.....

As an honorary member you should know it is "Phenix" not "Phenox". :Wink:

TD

the fish taco
03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
oh yeah, my bad... but to clear it up i'm not officially a "HONORARY MEMBER" yet.... thats why i spell it that way. lmao... im just a groupie.... ;)

2quikmotorwerks
03-10-2009, 07:32 PM
As an honorary member you should know it is "Phenix" not "Phenox". :Wink:

TDlmfao:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

WPCBANDIT
03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Ill be there pre fishing all day friday!!!!!!!!!! just got it off work

yamafish
03-10-2009, 09:09 PM
This is going to be a Fun event and a Great day at the lake . Who is going to be there?

I'll be there with my trusty driver "Lil' YamaFish"
http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq247/ladyfish_photos/DSCN2070.jpg
See ya out on da' troll

Rodger - YamaFish

SteveH
03-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Just Curious,
Why does there always have to be a qualifying event like this to qualify for this Berkley Cup?
Many of us fish the lake all the time but will never fish one of these circus events.
What about all the big fish that get caught outside of these events.
Just because some lucky guy gets a big fish during one of these rare times doesn't mean he's really deserving of the honor.
I think that you should qualify with a big fish of the week (not just a chance of qualifying or not just on Tues. to Thurs). Why not make it fair for everyone and make it the big fish qualifier of each week (Mon.- Sun) and then, the winners of these circus gatherings.
Then you may get someone who truly deserves to win this event as opposed to someone who wins it by only coming out once in a blue moon.
Just some food for future thought.
Tight Lines...

troutdog
03-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Just Curious,
Why does there always have to be a qualifying event like this to qualify for this Berkley Cup?
Many of us fish the lake all the time but will never fish one of these circus events.
What about all the big fish that get caught outside of these events.
Just because some lucky guy gets a big fish during one of these rare times doesn't mean he's really deserving of the honor.
I think that you should qualify with a big fish of the week (not just a chance of qualifying or not just on Tues. to Thurs). Why not make it fair for everyone and make it the big fish qualifier of each week (Mon.- Sun) and then, the winners of these circus gatherings.
Then you may get someone who truly deserves to win this event as opposed to someone who wins it by only coming out once in a blue moon.
Just some food for future thought.
Tight Lines...

Steve just to make sure we are on the same pg here, this Saturday's event is indeed a Masters qualifier with the top 10 fish qualifying for the end of the year tournament. In addition the person who catches the biggest fish of this one day tourney will get their name inscribed on the Berkely Cup. By the way it reads it sounds like there might be some confusion over this.

Now this question sounds specifically geared towards qualifying for the masters event itself. You have a valid argument, but lets face it not everyone is going to be happy with this one and if I could only fish Mon and Friday then I would admittedly be one of the unhappy ones. Maybe the Vine would consider your suggestion, BUT keep in mind last year they didn't even have a "weekday warrior" so I think it is more of a bonus than anything. Personally I think those that those of us that endure "these circus" -like "weekend warrior" conditions, should really be the only ones rewarded with a shot at winning $1000 and the Masters Jacket....but that is just my opinion obviously. It could also be argued that Tue-Thursday conditions give an unfair advantage because it is less crowded, meaning less competion and better chance of getting the "alpha" spots. Like I said no matter what not everyone is going to be happy, but if there is any business that will hear you out it is the good people at Irvine Lake.

Isn't that the beauty of fishing though Steve....the "every dog has his day" mentality that drives people, like in this case those that are not fortunate to fish very often. Having fished in every tourney this year I have been very blessed with catching a few fish that have basically paid for my fishing, camping fees and a 12pk :Wink: So just because I fish the tourney dates every chance I get, do I deserve to qualify just because I live close by and don't work weekends? Of course not...the guy that fishes the Vine very rarely and lands the fish of the year deserves it as much as myself is all I'm sayin.

See you at the circus,

TD

Mondo21
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM

I'll be there,with bells on. Armando is suppose to camp out on Friday night. I'm suppose to pick-up my friend's Daughter also. See you then. Hopefully I won't need to call you,for "HELP" We will be leaving out around 4:00am. Cindy:Smile:

FISHJUNKIE4446
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Team FATTY is geared up and ready!!!!!!!!!!!:Smile::Cool:

Frenchy
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
well said aaron

Marley
03-11-2009, 08:55 PM
well said aaron

Yup. (Dang it, WHY can't I leave a 4-character response?)

SteveH
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Troutdog,
It's cool, just stirring the pot.
tight lines..

troutdog
03-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Troutdog,
tight lines..

Steve you stirring it or smokin it?:Wink:

TD

alamatic
03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Team Fatty :Beer Toast:

MAN VS WILD
03-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Battling the flu since Tuesday. I'm hoping to kick it by Friday night. If so I'm there.

TEAM TROUT HUNTERS

Fish On!!!

SteveH
03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
steve you stirring it or smokin it?:wink:

Td

Doh !!!!!!!!!!

TroutOnly
03-13-2009, 06:21 PM
HEY YAMA I LIKE YOURE BOAT,,,t/o

yamafish
03-13-2009, 06:42 PM
HEY YAMA I LIKE YOURE BOAT,,,t/o

Hey Bob...
Not quite as nice as the Phenom... But it is a big step up for me.!
It sits solid in the water.. And I'm gettin' old..
Last time we fished, I had parked my white Triumph next to the Phenom at Irvine (Team 57 event).
I was hoping maybe some of that magic karma would float over from your boat to mine!
See ya out there on the troll !

Rodger - YamaFish

Troutman65
03-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Troutdog,
tight lines..

Hey Steve H , My Dad caled it " Cranking the Hurst " :Smile:

See you next week .:Wink: