PDA

View Full Version : May be a crazy ? for y'all

billy b
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
There was some posting going on about a hotel in Bishop ... and I recall some posting about a cafe in Bishop. And ...

I got to wondering if it wouldn't be interesting and helpful to have a special site on the board called something like "Meals and Accomodations" ... or "Meals and Shacks?" I was imagining something like a separate section on the Northern Cal Board at least ... maybe the SoCal would be interested too. We could have posting sections just like we have the "Classified" and "Recipe" section ... and break it up into areas like Bishop, June Loop, Mammoth, Bridgeport, etc.

I'm not too up on what we need to do technically ... just thought I might ask if you all thought it would be helpful.

I know for a fact that I'm going to be running back and forth through Bishop, Bport, and the Loop and would be interested in where you folks think is a good place to shack up and get a meal. You're fishermen and women and we probably think much alike.

Thoughts?

plumbertom
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
When I go I'll be packing my shack and snacks with me.

primo55
03-05-2009, 01:44 PM
that sounds great!!and would help those of us who dont know the area all that well!

sansou
03-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Rather than a seperate section, perhaps start a thread and have people put input (and phone #s). Take the list/suggestions, put it into some logical format, and propose it as a sticky to Admin.

Just a suggestion.

Sierra_Smitty
03-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Rather than a seperate section, perhaps start a thread and have people put input (and phone #s). Take the list/suggestions, put it into some logical format, and propose it as a sticky to Admin.

Just a suggestion.

I like your idea - I don't think there is enough traffic on here to justify separate forums for each area. But a thread that people could bookmark with a list of that sort of thing for the eastern sierras wouldn't hurt.

billy b
03-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the replies from y'all. However, the lack of responses makes me wonder if people see the need. I sure do. I was thinking of a section called something like, "Eastern Sierra Eat and Sleep" or "Eastern Sierra Accomodations" ... and it would have its own section like the 4 "Article" sections below. Then a person could open up that section and see if there's a post for: Bishop, or Bport, June, Mammoth ... etc.

Let's see if we get anymore posts/support for the idea ???

gfishin
03-16-2009, 01:29 AM
That sounds like an awesome idea billy b. I was actually gonna make a post on where to stay in Big Pine as far as motel, hotels. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PM me.

gfishin

billy b
03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
There's a post about two inexpensive hotels about 10 down from this one. Mtn View is one ...