PDA

View Full Version : Break Out the Dread Wigs...

City Dad
03-04-2009, 09:32 AM
...looks like the National League's only DH is back in Blue...

...and since the Dodgers are going to be playing with two outfielders, they only need three more starting pitchers!!!

Scoring Machine
03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Socal Guy.... the floor is yours.....

:LOL:

troutdog
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
...looks like the National League's only DH is back in Blue...

...and since the Dodgers are going to be playing with two outfielders, they only need three more starting pitchers!!!

I really didn't see Manny as a huge liability in the field last season, did you? Hopefully 45 mil keeps him motivated for the next 2 seasons....least he has half an arm.

As far as pitching goes yeah things do look a little scary, but the Dodgers aren't in any worse shape than most of the teams in the NL.....Billingsley, Kuroda, Wolf and Kershaw isn't that bad especially in a pitchers park. Maybe with a little luck Schmidt actually pitches this season, otherwise the 5 spot gets filled by Estes, Stults or Vargas? Not exactly intimidating, but the offense is certainly shaping up to be. Have faith o King of Tilaps!

Don't hold your breath...he has to make his rounds on 15 other forums first! :ROFL:

THINK BLUE

TD

SoCalGuy7
03-04-2009, 11:41 AM

NICE!

Hey, his numbers don't lie. But, he's proven that he does what he wants, just ask the Red Sox. If you want to go buy those retarded dread hats be my guest.

But, I can tell you pretty much anyone who is not a doyer fan thinks they are the most embarrassing thing to come along since the steriod era.

Like I posted before, if the economy had not changed I don't believe he would have had to tuck his tail between his legs and sulk back to the doyers...No one else wants him, congrats on getting what no one else wanted what a great accomplishment.

Since all of the doyer pitching left, maybe he can pitch too!
I hope he doesn't go all Mo Vaughn on you guys.....:ROFL:

TD, you are right. I'm only on here about once a week. I have another board and Physical therapy 4 hours a day, and I'm still tooling around with the lures...(your buddy bannedfish2 still posts about you sometimes, on his new home).

DS, even though I won't read it...the floor is yours!

I do like the new SOX /Doyer spring training field and it was nice to win the first EVER game there, even though it was just spring training...

SCG7

troutdog
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
NICE!

Hey, his numbers don't lie. But, he's proven that he does what he wants, just ask the Red Sox. If you want to go buy those retarded dread hats be my guest.

But, I can tell you pretty much anyone who is not a doyer fan thinks they are the most embarrassing thing to come along since the steriod era.

Like I posted before, if the economy had not changed I don't believe he would have had to tuck his tail between his legs and sulk back to the doyers...No one else wants him, congrats on getting what no one else wanted what a great accomplishment.

Since all of the doyer pitching left, maybe he can pitch too!
I hope he doesn't go all Mo Vaughn on you guys.....:ROFL:

TD, you are right. I'm only on here about once a week. I have another board and Physical therapy 4 hours a day, and I'm still tooling around with the lures...(your buddy bannedfish2 still posts about you sometimes, on his new home).

I do like the new SOX /Doyer spring training field and it was nice to win the first EVER game there, even though it was just spring training...

SCG7

As far as the pitching goes Penny is already experiencing shoulder weakness and was scratched from his first Spring start...great beginning. To me Penny was not a huge loss, more of a liabilty and not a cheap one at that. Maddux was done and wish him all the best. Woulda have been great to keep Lowe, but dude is going to be 36 this June so the youth movement seems justified in this case imo.

I hope therapy is going well for ya and you are back doing your thing at 100%...Yeah my sources usually forward me the BannedFish2 fodder just for laughs, he always did have a woody for me :ROFL: I almost thought about surprising him with a pink rally monkey at his favorite city park lake(coming from the guy who ragged on guys fishing trout at paylakes and now he's chasing trucks at a park)a week ago Friday just for fun....be sure to let him know we miss his incredibly insightful Vine reports! Oh yeah that and he still owes me a gate pass for the Dodgers making it past the Cubs!

Hope to see you on FNN more often, always fun making you eat crow! :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
03-05-2009, 12:02 PM

Haha, naw, you've already done enough for yourself on VARIOUS threads for me not to warrant any more responses regarding this. The best part is getting to read your previous posts and keep laughing.

I still think my favorite is the "I drink Mexican beer" post you made. (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showpost.php?p=253842&postcount=144)

That thread has been passed a long to many a Dodger fan for the sheer entertainment value.

Can't wait for what you have in store for us this season.

Tootles!

baadfish69
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
MANNY BABY! Let the haters hate! As if any fan wouldnt want Manny hitting in their lineup. Manny = better than ANYBODY in the Angels lineup. Nuff said.

Oh, and SoCalguy.....Are you saying that the Dreadlocks are more embarrassing than the frickin RALLEY MONKEY? A spastic dancing monkey on the jumbo-tron, and thousands of morons in the stands waving a toy monkey is less embarrassing? Really?

Ill take the Dreadlocks any day of the week!

wellbilldancesays
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Definetly good news for now.

But will the Dreadlock hats still be going strong in October? Doubtful.

City Dad
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
My daughter City Girl put it best; "He can afford a haircut now."

troutdog
03-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Definetly good news for now.

But will the Dreadlock hats still be going strong in October? Doubtful.

So with that said its safe to say you got someone else taking the West then..... WELLBILLDANCE"what do you"SAYS?

TD

wellbilldancesays
03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
So with that said its safe to say you got someone else taking the West then..... WELLBILLDANCE"what do you"SAYS?

TD

I think it should be the dodgers but they're putting a lot of faith in a injury proned veteran and an unproven newb on the pitching staff.
So wellbilldancesays it could be the set up for an epic fail for the dodgers.
But I'm pulling for the dodgers.

BTW just for the record the rally monkey will be around alot longer than the dread hats.

Scoring Machine
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM
In all honesty, outside of the steroid saga the two most embarrassing things in baseball the last couple of years have been the Mets annual September choke job and Seattle being the first team to ever lose 100+ games with a 100 million dollar payroll.

As far as the marketing gimmicks go, what do they even pay the marketing staff of the Angels for? They've had the same tired gimmick for YEARS.

DarkShadow
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
As far as the marketing gimmicks go, what do they even pay the marketing staff of the Angels for? They've had the same tired gimmick for YEARS.

The Dodgers should bring back that koala "mascot" they had in the early 90s.

A koala could definitely beat down a Capuchin monkey, and the brawl could be placed on the big screen to serve as entertainment for the collective 75% of the fans that aren't even watching the game.

Like this lady:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9355/censoredu.jpg

I guess she got introduced to what a 'foul ball' is REAL quick.

troutdog
03-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I think it should be the dodgers but they're putting a lot of faith in a injury proned veteran and an unproven newb on the pitching staff.

BTW just for the record the rally monkey will be around alot longer than the dread hats.

C'mon BillyBass lets face it, the majority of the teams in baseball have MAJOR pitching concerns and would kill to have the bats that the Dodgers will be swinging this season...it seems like we have had decent pitchers the past decade and the offense has failed miserably. I honestly don't think the staff is going to be as bad as the media is portraying it to be...give them chance before breaking out the torches and pitchforks!

BTW just for the record the rally monkey won't be making it to The Hall of Fame when its all said and done! :Wink:

DS please refrain from posting those kinda pics from now on...YUCK!!! :Neutral:

THINK BLUE

TD

wellbilldancesays
03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
True the Rally Monkey wont make in the HOF but Manny won't be wearing a dodger hat in it either.

Definetly the dodgers look better than they have in a long, long time. And being in the lower end of baseball as they have been for so long I can see why hardcore dodger fans are excited.

At least it will make for an exciting start to the season.

DarkShadow
03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I can't believe it's come down to an argument between a living man, the best right handed hitter of our generation, and a fictitious monkey. Opening day needs to get here soon.

TD

Sorry. :Sad:

I thought I was sending out a Public Service Announcement of sorts about the dangers of Texting While Watching a Baseball Game While Seated Behind The First Base Dugout.

It has been edited.

troutdog
03-06-2009, 08:41 PM
CLASSIC EDITING JOB! :ROFL:

There is no sport in America that brings out the smack talking like baseball....I love it!

At least Manny won't be going to the HOF in a Tankees hat :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
03-06-2009, 09:03 PM
At least Manny won't be going to the HOF in a Tankees hat :Wink:

TD

Well, see, in SoCalGuy's wildest dreams, worst case scenario will occur:

Manny plays a year, then opts out of his contract.

Then, the Yankees pick him up, because they can.

THEN, to spite the Red Sox, he'll try to enter the HOF as a Yankee.

City Dad
03-06-2009, 09:27 PM
True the Rally Monkey wont make in the HOF but Manny won't be wearing a dodger hat in it either.

Definetly the dodgers look better than they have in a long, long time. And being in the lower end of baseball as they have been for so long I can see why hardcore dodger fans are excited.

At least it will make for an exciting start to the season.

I can’t wait to see how many double plays Furcal and Hudson turn.
I can’t wait to see if Broxten remains closer for the season.
I can’t wait to see Clayton Kershaw.
I can’t wait to see Schmidt traded for ten maple bats.
I can’t wait to see the order - My guess Kemp, Loney, Furcal, Ramirez, Martin, Blake, Ethier, Hudson/DeWitt (and I think it’ll be kinda cool the first time DeWitt hits a go-ahead run and then Joe puts Hudson in and Hudson makes an un-assisted triple play. I can see it. Man on first, man on second. Hudson is trying to hold the guy. Runner waaay off at first. Batter hits a dying quail to Hudson’s left, Hudson goes under it but it tails over his right shoulder and behind him. First and third then wave both runners on frantically… but of course Hudson doubles his entire body back in to a C shape and he snares it perfectly by which time the lead runner has slid into third and the runner from first, a dumb kid from Dog Patch has rounded the bag at second. Hudson chases him down and then in a foot race, beats the lead runner in a diving tag on the bag at second)
I can’t wait to see this curmudgeon-free team take the field
and I can’t wait to see a chilidog
BRING ... IT ... ON

City Dad
03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Well, see, in SoCalGuy's wildest dreams, worst case scenario will occur:

Manny plays a year, then opts out of his contract.

Then, the Yankees pick him up, because they can.

THEN, to spite the Red Sox, he'll try to enter the HOF as a Yankee.

:ROFL:

dude, and this could totally be an "Ex getting even by getting freaky with their newest boyfriend/ATM" situation for LA... Just one hot night - no strings... man, that's not gonna make this any easier for SoCalGuy either... ;)

wellbilldancesays
09-10-2009, 09:27 PM

Look at this post from March. Looks like while everyone was so elated with getting Manny back ole' wellbilldancesays' crystal ball might not be so far off.

GO MANNY!!

wellbilldancesays
09-10-2009, 09:30 PM
C'mon BillyBass lets face it, the majority of the teams in baseball have MAJOR pitching concerns and would kill to have the bats that the Dodgers will be swinging this season...it seems like we have had decent pitchers the past decade and the offense has failed miserably. I honestly don't think the staff is going to be as bad as the media is portraying it to be...give them chance before breaking out the torches and pitchforks!

BTW just for the record the rally monkey won't be making it to The Hall of Fame when its all said and done! :Wink:

THINK BLUE

TD

Oh really!! Looks like YOU might need a new crystal ball TD.
I love pulling up old posts!

troutdog
09-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Oh really!! Looks like YOU might need a new crystal ball TD.
I love pulling up old posts!

Sooo my prediction about the pitching staff not being the liabilty everyone said it would be wasn't too far off now was it? But what happend to the consistent bats the last month? :Sad:

I have no problem getting called on my predictions, I refuse to play Monday morning QB like the "Johnny come lately's" that frequent the sports section. Lets face it though, making a prediction on the net comes as a no win proposition....nobody will quote you when you are right and EVERYONE loves to pull up the carp when your wrong, BUT I won't let that stop me from putting myself out there!

Love pulling up old threads as well, if nothing more for pure entertainment value! The post I would really like to pull would be the one where you requested your avatar....you remember that "Bill"? :Wink:

TD

wellbilldancesays
09-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Actually TD I'm just phooking with you. I have to give you credit I thought for sure you were going to post...
" I still say they are going to win their divsion though."

It's too bad that Manny is/was a juicer and ended up getting nailed. It seemed he was the spark that got dodgers all fired up, not that he's not quite the spark he was it seems the rest of the team is missing that fire. But when you think about it when you invest in buttholes don't be suprised when you get crap.

BTW I don't remember the avatar post, its slipping my mind but feel free to pull it up and dish me out some humble pie!