PDA

View Full Version : Today's Pop Music vs. 90s Pop Music

fishindude
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
What do you guys think? In my opinion, I thought 90s pop music was better since the songs had better meanings compared to today. Those were the years such as Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and other good artists.

MarkyMark
03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Not to bash the 90's but the 80's could possibly be the best decade for music..EVER!!

MM

fishindude
03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Not to bash the 90's but the 80's could possibly be the best decade for music..EVER!!

MM

True to that, artists such as Richard Marx and others.

Ronira
03-04-2009, 05:23 AM
60s and 70s dawg!! Nothing comes close, just ask any geezer like me. :LOL:

MarkyMark
03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
60s and 70s dawg!! Nothing comes close, just ask any geezer like me. :LOL:

The 60's is veryclose..I'm 49 years old ..I would say #1a.80's & #1b.60's

DarkShadow
03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
What do you guys think? In my opinion, I thought 90s pop music was better since the songs had better meanings compared to today. Those were the years such as Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, and other good artists.

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.

Are you trying to say that Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys were good artists?

You're joking, right?

CityDad, did you hack into this guy's account?

BassFreak
03-04-2009, 08:56 AM

Are you trying to say that Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys were good artists?

You're joking, right?

I will not stand for any badmouthing of my music idols DS!! BLasphemy!! And I swear, If you say anything bad about Rick Astley, Imma break your rods!! :ROFL:

Scoring Machine
03-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow, of all of the music from the 1990s that could have been singled out to have meaning of some kind... I never in a million years would have pulled out Britney Spears and the Backdoor Boys.

In general I always kinda assumed that over-produced pop where the artist writes few of their own songs was the definition of soulless rather than meaningful.

80s Music vs. 90s Pop vs. Today's Music

Today's Music - What are we talking about here The Jonas Brothers and Miley? This is music designed and marketed to 13 year old girls by the Disney/ABC Corporation. The Jonas Brothers appear to be able to play an instrument. Congratulations, that's a start.

90s Pop - Britney and the Man Bands? The Jonas Bros can play an instrument, so I guess they have that as a leg up on the Man Banders of the 90s. It's common knowledge that Britney doesn't sing live? Does Miley? Don't know, don't care.

80s Music - I guess this wins be default of the three. Although I must admit that a lot of the 80s music I actually like comes from bands that were touring/recording/putting out albums in the 70s (if not before that), so I'm not sure how much they're truly an 80s artist. Van Halen, The Police, Pink Floyd, Queen, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, AC/DC.

The 80s is still my favorite of the three cause I'll take Hall and Oates, Men at Work, Guns and Roses and Motley Crue over skanks that don't sing and Man Banders any day.

I'd still take the 70s, 60s and the 90s up until the Skanks and Man Banders took over ahead of any of these three.

smitty99
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
When I think 90's I think Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Seven Mary Three, Rage Against the Machine, Bad Religion, Bush, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Faith No More, Godsmack, Guns N Roses, Green Day, Incubus, Deftones, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, Metallica. All have some great stuff in my opinion...but I own over 500 cds and enjoy everything from rap, rock, oldies, to country.

PHISHnutS
03-04-2009, 11:50 AM

You're joking, right?

He also said the songs had better meaning's... :ROFL: :Neutral: :ROFL:

City Dad
03-05-2009, 04:36 PM

You're joking, right?

M'kay, I have just about had a cornchute full of everyone making fun of my musical tastes!!!!!!!!

No one... and I mean NO ONE can lay down a soulfull, track like Miss Brit. Whe she wails "Oops, I did it again" you can hear... nay, you can feel the pain and regrett in her voice. You know she's been there... she's paid her dues... now she's gonna sing the blues.

And don't even get me started on the golden-throated song stylings of Da Back Strizzle Boyzzzzz woot, woot. They do Muddy and John Lee proud I tell ya.

smokinflies
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
it's all about michael jackson.

fishindude
03-05-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL. This is a funny thread. It's ok to whatever you listen to, as everyone has different tastes in music. (Except for Rick Astley, as I'm tired of Rick rolls.)

fishindude
03-05-2009, 08:55 PM
As far as everyone's results seem, seems like most listen to rock type music here. I have to say that ANY music before the 2000s was best. As for today, we got Lil Wayne who is a poser rapper.

City Dad
03-06-2009, 03:46 PM
As far as everyone's results seem, seems like most listen to rock type music here. I have to say that ANY music before the 2000s was best. As for today, we got Lil Wayne who is a poser rapper.

I think that in every generation when enough people run out of pot and then turn to each other an say "What in the @#$%@% is this !#%$^%* we're listening to?" a new "punk revolution" begins. Happend in the late seventies/early eighties and it happened in the late eighties/early ninties... so, it's gotta happen agian here pretty soon.... 'cause I agree with ya fishindude; the talent pool has been extreamly shallow for the last decade or so...

C'mon millenials, DO SOMETHING!!!!

Sue
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
it's all about michael jackson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

City Dad
03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

...oh, that... that was low...

tpfishnfool
03-07-2009, 06:24 AM

You're joking, right?

Haha ! No joke !!

Sue
03-07-2009, 09:14 AM
...oh, that... that was low...

:ROFL: My first time :ROFL: