PDA

View Full Version : Be Santa Fe's Online Fishing Coach

Santa Fe Eric
03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
What’s up people? I am entering my fifth year of fishing and have tried most styles of fishing by trial and error and I read a lot of books on fishing. I now pretty much have a good portion of the year figured out. From Halloween to the Fred Hall show, I fish for lowland Trout at various city, county, and Pay Lakes mostly from shore.
During the previous 4 years I have tried for LMB, Sunfish, Halibut, Deep Sea, Striper, Flatheads etc. during the spring, never any one thing consistently. Over the last 2 years, I have found a pattern and style of fishing that got me many Spotties and a few Halibut in my Porta-bote in NPH, including a legal last April. All Winter I have been studying Halibut strategies, Crappie Strategies, and LMB strategies. All literature says to begin in the Spring. Well tonight as I was driving home from work thinking about what I need from the Fred Hall show I realized that it would be foolish to waste a good Spring by trying to target so many species. The fish that I have had the most success with over the years is Spotties and Halibut. Please be my coach and advise me on whether I should continue to develop skills with Spotties and Halibut, or focus entirely on a species that I’ve previously been unsuccessful with, or pretend that I am a universal fisherman like Wingnut or Tackle Junkie and just go after all the different fish this Spring.
Oh Yeah…I forgot to mention that I work 40+ hours a week, married with teenager in my house.

Thanks and God Bless!

Santa Fe

ghetto dad
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Dude, move forward man...master all styles and types of fishing...you can do it homie......

GD

hakaveli
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Like GD said master all styles . From crappie to TUNAAAAAAAA HOOK UPPPPPPPPPPP

Troutman65
03-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Fish for the fun of it no matter what type of fishing you do. :Big Grin:

LateFisher
03-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Number #1~ I'm too inexperianced to be any ones coach, but I say do what you love to do best, but don't be afraid to try anything new. The main thing is to keep doing, and that will make you a better family man, because you'll be a happy camper !!!! Woo, what a mouthful :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

fish_sauce
03-04-2009, 10:11 AM

i've had the good fortune of meeting and knowing a few seasoned fishermen--and the trend that i see in them is that no matter what type of fishing the seasons (weather) or opportunity presents them, they always bring their A game and enjoy themselves on the water. ive seen on countless times experienced tuna anglers having a blast catching perch and croakers!!! so i suppose the emphasis is not on the WHAT but rather, the HOW. HOW you approach the sport by working with what you have (gear, location,info shared by others) and what's presented to you (the uncontroled variables such as weather conditions) and HOW you maximize your enjoyment out in the water with what little time you can afford is something worth pondering about.

I'm sure Wingnut and TackleJunkie would agree :Wink:

hughpam
03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I'll try any type of fishing, but try to focus on new techniques. This year I am determined to become a DS expert for LMB. I also want to learn jigging better.

In between I'll be a dad, employee, slave to the IRS, etc.

BTW, as a dad of two teens and one who made it through already, I have determined that teens are proof that God wants catfish to eat well.

Santa Fe Eric
03-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Dude, move forward man...master all styles and types of fishing...you can do it homie......

GD

It's hard for a #300+ man to move forward:Razz:. Seriously, It is not that I havent tried for most other species. I'm just doing something wrong when it comes to LMB's and Crappie. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep trying.

Like GD said master all styles . From crappie to TUNAAAAAAAA HOOK UPPPPPPPPPPP

What up Hak! I'm trying to get there homie:Cool:

You got it bro!

Number #1~ I'm too inexperianced to be any ones coach, but I say do what you love to do best, but don't be afraid to try anything new. The main thing is to keep doing, and that will make you a better family man, because you'll be a happy camper !!!! Woo, what a mouthful :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
True about the being a better family man and a happy camper.

i've had the good fortune of meeting and knowing a few seasoned fishermen--and the trend that i see in them is that no matter what type of fishing the seasons (weather) or opportunity presents them, they always bring their A game and enjoy themselves on the water. ive seen on countless times experienced tuna anglers having a blast catching perch and croakers!!! so i suppose the emphasis is not on the WHAT but rather, the HOW. HOW you approach the sport by working with what you have (gear, location,info shared by others) and what's presented to you (the uncontroled variables such as weather conditions) and HOW you maximize your enjoyment out in the water with what little time you can afford is something worth pondering about.

I'm sure Wingnut and TackleJunkie would agree :Wink:

True True True

I'll try any type of fishing, but try to focus on new techniques. This year I am determined to become a DS expert for LMB. I also want to learn jigging better.

In between I'll be a dad, employee, slave to the IRS, etc.

BTW, as a dad of two teens and one who made it through already, I have determined that teens are proof that God wants catfish to eat well.

:ROFL::ROFL: