PDA

View Full Version : Upper & Lower O & PVR 2/29-3/1

numbnuts
03-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Went up the highway to get in some action. Started Saturday at the lower O catch and release section. Fish were hitting size 18-20 zibras and tigers. Fishing was pretty good down there there was a mayfly hatch at about noon but didnt see any fish rise. Waited for the caddis hatch but didnt seem to go off.
In the afternoon decided to hit the upper o for some big fish. Got there at about 4 pm and started fishing. The fish didnt want any nymphs so switched to streamers and bam started hooking up.
At about 6 just as the sun was setting I hooked into a nice toad on a black punk perch. The fish made several nice runs and i had forgotten my net so as my buddy went to net her he accidentally hit the line with the net and the hook came free.....DAMN BARBLESS hooks!!! It was a fat healthy rainbow at least 5 pounds... :mad: :sad:

I was bummed all weekend cause i lost that fish..oh well..i really wanted a photo of it...DAMN

Fished PVR on Sunday for a bunch of stockers....nothing huge all fish came on olive woollybuggers with a fast retrieve with a sinking line.

It wont let me upload pics i will try later.............

Eat Sleep Fish
03-03-2009, 07:26 PM
youll get em when hes 6 pounds!