PDA

View Full Version : King Harbor-live squid for bait

bonitoboy
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

Went fishing out of KH this weekend, both days. Not much to report. Water was pretty glassy, except on sun when it began to get a little choppy in the early afternoon. No hali or bass, no bites either. Finished off with a wide open mac bite in the harbor. BTW, the bait shack/boat has live squid.

TShaffer
03-03-2009, 05:33 PM
sorry about the slow hali and bass bite but a good mack attack is always fun

calico killer kevin
03-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Nice job out there. $60 a scoop is no bueno unless you;re targeting WSB
or yellers.
Any sign of bonies?

BIGRED KILLA
03-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the report i was out there thursday with my valco with 4 ft swells not to many fish just some small bass and tons of macs lost a bone. I don't like to get live squid when fishing in harbors for flatties cause i think they are really not use to eating squid and you also pick up a lot of other junk fish while using it. I like to use SMELT, pearch , dines and choves for them cause thats what they are use to eating. I like to use plastics tiped with squid strips for the bass.

Bigred

bonitoboy
03-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I get a kayak deal on the squid as my bait tank is pretty small. My boat is an inflatable that I can take out of the harbor if the conditions are right. This weekend the conditions were right so I usually drift towards PV and drift back, unfortunately no bass or hali or WSB or YT, nothing. Bigred thanks for the tips on the bass, I don't know why but I have never tried to add a strip of squid to my plastics in the harbor. For Bass, I usually fish frozen leftover live bait that I salt after done for the day. Calico Killer- no bonies but saw a couple boils and threw an orange/chrome KM with an custom added feature at the end but no go. Threw for some as well outside KH and again nada.