PDA

View Full Version : sanat fe dam bluegill, late report.

Sebastian323
03-03-2009, 01:56 PM
the other day went by santa fe dam for an hour. 'gills are biting good. caught several very easily on mealworms.

DarkShadow
03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Way to slay!

PureAle
03-03-2009, 04:31 PM
indeed they are biting, SFD is also charging $8 for the entry fee now started march 1st. I was there yesterday and heard some guy got a ticket from DFG officer for not having a license, the guy caught 36 bluegills. Its about time DFG starts patrolling Santa Fe Dam.

old pudd fisher
03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes gills are always fun to catch and glad the guy got a ticket.

Manny
03-03-2009, 06:08 PM
indeed they are biting, SFD is also charging $8 for the entry fee now started march 1st. I was there yesterday and heard some guy got a ticket from DFG officer for not having a license, the guy caught 36 bluegills. Its about time DFG starts patrolling Santa Fe Dam.
DFG is out in full force for 09. I am seeing them everywhere.

old pudd fisher
03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
DFG is out in full force for 09. I am seeing them everywhere.

Thats a good thing, they must need the money with the bad budget they must have this days.

KEL40
03-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Kool report!! Gills at Santa Fe dam damn i mean kool!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Eat Sleep Fish
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
any size on those fish?

jlgarciaiii22
03-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I remember as a kid fishing and catching blues with corn but in all honesty have never tried for blues again.... Could somebody please give me detail info on catching blues (what size hook, weight, bait, technic) I think my kids would love to fish for blue gill! What are the limits on this fish, I seen some pictures here with buckets full!Any info would be appreciated....

old pudd fisher
03-03-2009, 08:44 PM
I remember as a kid fishing and catching blues with corn but in all honesty have never tried for blues again.... Could somebody please give me detail info on catching blues (what size hook, weight, bait, technic) I think my kids would love to fish for blue gill! What are the limits on this fish, I seen some pictures here with buckets full!Any info would be appreciated....

Mealwoms work great in spring and all summer, use a very small single barb hook under a bobber that has worked for me, I have caught a ton that way and great fun for the kids to..Good luck.:LOL:

jerryG
03-04-2009, 12:26 AM
any size on those fish?

If you fillet one up and you should have just enough meat to put on a cracker.

JerryG

Sebastian323
03-05-2009, 01:30 PM

use a split shot and a small hook with bobber(optional). use mealworms.

Sebastian323
03-05-2009, 01:32 PM
any size on those fish?

average is about hand size, a few bigger though. my dad caught one that was maybee 8 inches

smokinflies
03-07-2009, 09:40 PM
If you fillet one up and you should have just enough meat to put a cracker.

JerryG

lol

dude, why are you always so negative?

i haven't seen you around lately. are you still fishing the leggs?

Billy Bass
03-07-2009, 11:03 PM

You didn't say; is that $ 8.00 per person or for carload?

Yea for the DFG

PureAle
03-07-2009, 11:14 PM
You didn't say; is that $ 8.00 per person or for carload?

Yea for the DFG

carload........

jerryG
03-08-2009, 03:30 AM
lol

dude, why are you always so negative?

i haven't seen you around lately. are you still fishing the leggs?

If you knew me then you would know that I keep it real and tell like it is.

I was telling it like it is so others will know what to expect before they pay $8 for parking. The info might save some from the disappointment of paying for parking only to find that all the fish are all small. If you have something to tell me then send me a PM or talk to me on the water.

Jerryg

PureAle
03-08-2009, 09:41 AM
The bluegills are very small, half your hand maybe?

besides Santa Fe Dam is having a Renaissance Fair so the top of the lake is blocked off with machines last time i checked.