PDA

View Full Version : Bbl 03-01-09

etaggart
03-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

Playing too lazy on Saturday to get out of the house to go fishing, but after a nice morning of snowboarding on Sunday, I headed straight to the dam and had two lines in the water by 12:30. There was a huge sheet of ice up against the dam, but I had a good 50 feet of clear water between it and the shoreline. As the wind picked up at 12:45, it started to move east away from the dam. I cast my bobbers w/ nightcrawlers hanging only about 10ft down so they were just behind where the ice sheet was moving. First hit at 12:55 - landed a real slow one - just over 2lbs. Took a picture, but it looked horrible, so I won't post it.

Got a second hard hit at 1:05 and landed it - about 1.5 lbs. This second one was much more active fish than the first. Final hit/landing was a 2lbr at 1:30 that was also pretty active. No more hits after that to when I stopped about 4pm.

I guess they woke up for a bit after that ice sheet moved away and let more light in. By 4pm the ice sheet had totall melted.

Older guy next to me (closer to the dam) did a nice job picking up 2 or 3 and missing a couple more. He was saying he could see trout nibbling his bait for minutes but not sucking it down.

Can't wait for the weather to warm a little more to break in my new float tube. But I'll take more from the shoreline if they let me hook'em!

Supposed to be colder w/ possible snow later this week. Gotta go to Sacramento this weekend, but I'll be back up in BBL on the 14th/15th to try again.

Cheers!

ET

smitty99
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
As always, thanks for the BBL report. I'm thinking about heading up there this weekend.

Fresh H2O Bill
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
ET,

Nice going on the trout. It sure is great having the option of going from snowboarding in the morning to hanging fish in the afternoon! Thanks for the post and the info.

I might be coming up to the house the weekend of the 13th, maybe I'll see you up there. Have a safe trip to Sac Town.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

Eat Sleep Fish
03-03-2009, 07:42 PM
good job. keep the reports comin.