PDA

View Full Version : Fishing The `Vine Monday, March 2!

Koshaw
03-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Howdy another fishing report from me.

Woke up late, at 240am and packed the car and headed out to the lake. I took the 405-22w-55 route from Santa Monica and so avoided the stupid detour this time on the 5.

It was 52 degrees, with a calm wind, cloudy skies, with some stars poking through the night sky.

I met my buddy in line already and only 6 cars total (both lanes counted) in front of me!

I rigged up and chatted with him and Ed another bud.

After talking to Patrick and the gang, we decided on the West Shore to fish at.

Headed down, and managed to bring all our stuff in one trip. Art was on fire and quickly had some fish. I got one trout 1.5lber and that was it for a long time for me.

It didnt occur to me (though it should have) that Art was using a VERY short leader (6"-8")
and that I was using one 16" as that was what they were biting on last Monday!

The day proceded to be cloudy, with sun poking through once in a while. It did drizzle from time to time, and towards 3pm it was raining a bit lightly and I got out my 65" umbrella. The lake surface ranged from totally glassy to choppy depending on the wind conditions...and it did go back and forth all day...

Anyway, Art got five, with one on a lure (5.5lber). I managed one more in the rain, right before we left 3.5-4lber or so. I did farm 3...one to a bad knot tie at the hook...I really gotta watch those knots! It was a bit of a pisser as this one made my 10lb power pro line sing... I still wonder what was on there O_o.

The bait of the day seemed to be Nightcrawlers and White Gulp Eggs and one was caught on Powerbait (green) by Art.

A fun day was had by all. Art got one fish that was rather wiley. It went into some weeds and he played with it, letting it think it had line at times, and hoping it would swim and get
off the big weed.

Eventually playing the fish, he was able to get the fish partially off the weed and land the fish using 4lb line!

He also brought in the top part of a big bush heh. Way to go Art!

Got my last fish in the last 15 minutes or so before closing.

Another great day at the Vine!

Pics to come.

Doh posted in the wrong section can Dana or an admin move it to Irvine? :D

Eat Sleep Fish
03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
good report. nice read.

Hitts0n
03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Great report ! I will be out there so0n !

troutdog
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Nice job out the Chuck....use the palomar knot and call it a day, hard to tie them incorrectly and I have NEVER had one break on me. Talk to ya soon buddy!

TD

Troutman65
03-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Nice to see you at the lake Chuck. Congrats on your limit. Nice report.

MAVERICK27
03-04-2009, 10:45 AM
three words, San Diego Knot!

Koshaw
03-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys :D

=)

Hope to fish with you soon!