PDA

View Full Version : 3/2 report

SteveH
03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Did my Monday ritual and fished the Vine today.
Launched at 6:00 and was soon fishing. We started along the west shore and found no love.
We then moved back to the creek area in the flats. Again, after about another hour of nothing, we moved. Trolled back toward the middle of the lake with still no love.
I swung the boat in close to the red cliffs while trolling by and marked a ton of fish along the shore. We reeled in out gear and swung back around to where I metered the fish.
We pulled up to shore and cast out lines. It wasn't more then five minutes and we had our 1st fish. We then started getting bit like crazy. We lost at least 5 or 6 in bushes.
By 11 we had 7 fat ones in the basket.
We then left to troll (after hearing how great it was on here).
Again we found no love on the troll. The lake is about 40% covered in trash and run off.
Mid lake by the dam looks like a garbage dump. Branches to 10 feet are floating out amongst all the flotsam and jetsam that now cover vast expanses of water. Where did all this crap come from? It wasn't there last week.
After trolling in trash we returned to the honey hole spot by the red cliffs and my friend was soon hooked up again. We got all 8 fish on power bait and probably lost 8 more in the bushes.
They were all fighters and not a guppy in the group.
It's tough finding the fish but when you do hang on.....
Tight lines.

Hitts0n
03-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Trash comes from the winds....well trash is from humans of course but the winds push them together.I hope you had a chance to gather up some of the trash.Well thats good to hear you slayed um ! C0ngrats !:Cool:

gotstofish
03-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Good to here you got them at least.Hope you enjoyed your outing.

SteveH
03-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks guys,
And no I didn't pick up any trash while on the water.
I usually pay at least $50 every time I come out to fish the vine.
Now if they want to give me a frequent fishermen/trash collector discount, then I'll gladly pitch in. Anyone who gets paid to be there is perfectly capable of hoping in a rental boat with a long handle net, and easily scooping at least a boats full of trash out of the water.
This could probably be accomplished in one day.
It was pretty bad Monday.
Don't try to troll through these giant brown patches on the water, it's pointless.

trollmiester
03-03-2009, 06:18 AM
When it rainsas inGlad you baited down and caught some nice fish.every lake the bark and twigs all float in the water they wood is supposed to.Water rises and brings with it the parts of nature.Man i sound like john muire.lol

dixoncider
03-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Most of what I saw on the surface was natural "trash" looked like it was small pieces of wood and small branches.

Eat Sleep Fish
03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Most of what I saw on the surface was natural "trash" looked like it was small pieces of wood and small branches.

i too saw a bunch of that a couple weeks ago. i mean A BUNCH.