PDA

View Full Version : July Trip

EastCoaster
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I know its far off, but my brother in law and I are looking at taking a 1.5 trip in early july. We are most likely going out of Point Loma. Any ideas where they go and what kinda fish I can expect.. Thanks

Ricky-Ray
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
July is a great month to go out of San Diego. Most of the boat's will travel anywhere from 60-120 miles south in search of kelp patty's and bird schools. Most likely target species would be Albacore, Bluefin Tuna, Yellowtail, maybe Dorado.

If you guys can spring a 2 day trip it would even be better. More time on the water for sure. When do you guys plan on going? I'll be on a 2 day trip on the Ocean Odyssey in Mid July.

EastCoaster
03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
We havent paid for anything yet, but we were looking at Point Loma I believe like the 29-31.. any other ideas or anything please let me know. That trip is costing us like 275. let me know about that one your taking because we are still open.. Thats the stuff I want to fish for, the big boys

flopps1
03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
We havent paid for anything yet, but we were looking at Point Loma I believe like the 29-31.. any other ideas or anything please let me know. That trip is costing us like 275. let me know about that one your taking because we are still open.. Thats the stuff I want to fish for, the big boys

Yep, July is typically a good month to go. The albies were on the menu my last 2-dayer in July of 08'. Anyhow, Point Loma's a good spot. The "big 3" landings all have fine boats, great crews, and fish hard.

However, don't over look Seaforth Landing as an option. Good boats and crew as well. Minus the crazy parking that happens out of the big 3 landings. Plenty of parking. Also, pricing can be cheaper for the same type of trips.

Good luck....Make sure you have your gear in check and be ready to fish!