PDA

View Full Version : Chartering a boat??

imd12nv
03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
So im in charge of this years company trip/get toghether. Many people have exspressed interest in my fishing so i was thinking of chartering a boat to go on a one day fishing trip. Any suggestions as far as time of year or which boat to charter? I dont do much salt water fishing and it will be the first time for many of my co workers. it will be a grop of about 40-50 people. Any info or contacts you guys can provide would be great. thanx in advance.

cappo
03-02-2009, 06:00 PM
For that amount of people I would suggest the New Del Mar out of Marina Del Rey. They typically handle much more than that on any weekend. And they're really helpful towards the newbies.

hakaveli
03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
For that amount of people I would suggest the New Del Mar out of Marina Del Rey. They typically handle much more than that on any weekend. And they're really helpful towards the newbies.

u mean the Vic del mar

Ricky-Ray
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Depending on where you are from I would recommend several boat's and landings that have always been helpful to the newcomers to the salt.

Spitfire out of Redondo Sportfishing - (310) 372-2111

Patriot out of Newport Landing - (949) 675-0550

Freelance out of Davey's Locker - (949) 673-1434

The Patriot and Freelance are both out of the Newport area. You might have a better chance with them since they tend to cater to the summer tourist vacationer's alot so they are definitely well accustomed to working with first timer's fishing the salt. I would call the landing as soon as possible as the newport boats tend to get charted on the weekends during the summer really fast.

If you need help or some additional advice feel free to send me a PM.

NoHo ART
03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
as you mentioned it will be the first time for most of the people in your group...
i would suggest to forget about a boat because you can count on a lot of people getting seasick ... maybe talk to a few private lakes and and see if they can close off one of there smaller ponds just for your company event.
that may be more fun for the whole group.
just my :My Two Cents: hope that helps

imd12nv
03-03-2009, 07:08 AM
thx for the info guys.