PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Burritos-Brownies & Steel Steaks

Rooster
03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Took the Old Man to the Vine Saturday in search of some steelies. For years i could never convince him to throw lures or troll. He was the offical Bait N Wait king.
There was alot at stake as i promissed him a day he won't forget. I finally got him to agree to spend the day on the troll and be his net boy for the day.
So we tossed the lines out equiped with some deadly weapons and secret sauce :Secret: The trolling lanes i had planned to use were packed with anchored boats. Damn there was alot of boats out this day. Anyways on to troll Plan B zone. Didn't meter much fish at all and not one bump after 1 hour into the troll.
Its now around 8am and nothing in the boat but a grumpy old man.:Angry: I felt the pressure building. With no food or trout in the boat we better do something fast or im in trouble.
Finally we switch up the weapons with a new lane setup we make the turn and one of the rods load up. Fish ON i yell.. He staggers to the rod and game on. This fish would not come up.. He is yelling its BIG.. Finally my first LLOYD.. I had to remind him to relax.. He wanted that fish in the boat now but this fish wasn't gonna be coming in anytime soon.
This fish faught like no fish i have seen at the vine. Im thinking if he pulls up a small steelie after all this im throwing him over board.
I raise the motor, take all the lines out of water and the battle finally ended after about 7 mins. I was like WTF is this? This is an exotic. We have to find out what the heck we got here. A quick call to Patrick and he says meet me at the boat dock.
The old man doesn't want to go in but im driving the boat :LOL: Patrick takes one quick look and identifies it as a Brown Trout. He was nice of us to give us a ride up for a quick picture. Timster and TM65 both agree the brownie has been in the lake for sometime now. I beleive that, as it had a Rapala Shad stuck in its mouth and we were not using those lures today :ROFL:
After ordering a couple breakfast burritos we were off again. Managed to get several nice trout 1-2lbs in the same area then the bite shut down. We both agreed around 2pm that we would make one more pass then head in.
That pass turned out to be one hell of a choice. Its like the late brunch bell rang or something. Double hookup and as he always says. Its a big one,,, Its a lloyd.. I think nothing of that because he says that even on 1lb trout..
For some reason he can't tell the difference but anyways it layed on the bottom as well and wouldn't come up. After about 5 mins a 9lb Steelie. Put up a really nice fight but nothing compared to the 4.10 Brown.
No LLoyds today but a day he will never forget. Thx to the Staff at Irvine for going beyond the call of duty!
ps Jimmy i missed ya there bro.
1. 4lb10oz Brown Trout
1. 9lb Steelhead Trout
3 Rainbows 1-2lbs
2 steelhead trouts 2lbs ea.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/P1000015.jpg

Fisherman57
03-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Awesome!

Daryl
03-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Great job Rob. Sticking to the game plan paid off big.

dirty girl
03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
XXXyCellent job dirty rob! love the bloody photo!

keepin it dirty,
dirty girl

Eat Sleep Fish
03-02-2009, 06:39 PM
sick, purely insane! nice job and great report! keep em comin.

doctorhook
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Rob, congrat's to you and your dad on landing the brown trout and steelie.

Doctorhook

Zombie Bass ATTACK
03-02-2009, 07:15 PM
sweet brownie!!!!

trollmiester
03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Beautiful fish ,great job will be back at the vine this weekend for sure.

TroutOnly
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
COOL LOKKING BROWNIE,GLAD POPS HAD SOME FUN ON THE TROLL,,,t/o

yamafish
03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice report and pics!
The Ol' Man is gettin' to be quite a fisherman thanks to your guidance :Smile:
That is one really nice brown!
Tell the ol' man congrats!

YamaFish

diamondbear
03-02-2009, 07:52 PM
GOOD DAY on the water and thats a nice looking fish .

Troutman65
03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey Rob, Glad to see you and your Pops at the lake on Saturday.:Cool: I am of the same thought as you Dad, that its a MONSTER every fish I hook up.:LOL::Wink: I tell you those trout fight like no other trout. Even the 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. fish fight and jump like they are 3 or 4 pounders.

I was more than happy to meet you at the dock to weigh in your fish and take some pics. Thats part of why I am at the lake. To be of service.

That was sure was a nice Brown Trout :!!!::!!!: Congrats. Nice going on your other trout too :!!!:

Sunday, I saw a 5 lb. Brook trout that came to the scales . It was nice too. But your brown was SWEET :!!!::!!!:

Thanks for the report. See you on the water soon.

TM65

Mondo21
03-02-2009, 08:23 PM
That's one nice WHOPPER of a fish! Keep them coming. Looks like you and Dad had a terrific time. Congrats to dad Rob!!! Hope to see you soon. Cindy:Big Grin:

troutdog
03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Nicely done Rob...that sounds like a fantastic day out on the water, couldn't have happend to a nice guy(except me of course :LOL:) Thanks for sharing your day on the water.

TD

BingJr
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Rob,

Awesome fish. That is a great day on the augua. I guess that tracker is a fish killer too!

MAVERICK27
03-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Sweet job Bro! I'm glad you guys had a good day, you have both certainly put in the time!! Great fish. You make us proud!!!!!

Wingnut
03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Good for you and your pappie Rob, nicely done... secret sauce anyone? :Wink: :Cool: :Big Grin:

Hitts0n
03-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Great report R00ster !

Santa Fe Eric
03-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice work Rooster!

Beautiful Fish!

shutupandfish
03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Man thats a nice brown must have put up one hell of a fight.

Liteliner
03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Very nice brown ya got there. Good job on gettin the pops to convert to trolling. Thanks for the report. You always kill it bro. Nice job.

kewlwhip
03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
way to slay!!

great catches, and a great looking fish!...bet that fought great!

Poxy Boggards
03-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice Brown! Where's the pic of the steelie? I think you may have just got your dad Hooked...

Rooster
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. There were no other pics as it was hard enough just to get him to take the pic with the brown.

I guess he figured he showed everyone that we passed and told anyone that would listen it was good enough :Envious:

The funny of the day was when we went by this bass boat and he holds up the fish and starts to tell him all about it. Problem was he already showed the guy 30 mins prior :ROFL:

Good times A day both of us will NEVER forget!

sansou
03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Great report and great looking fish!

Congrats to you and Rooster Sr.!

Granny Fish
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Hats off to you for taking your dad out and getting him on some nice fish. That was the nicest looking brown I have seen come out of that lake. Where is the picture of the steel? :Cool:

johnsfishing
03-03-2009, 11:00 PM
nice report Rob!
you and your Dad did REALLY well out there! congrats on the fattys and that awesome brown trout.

johnsfishing

chivo
03-04-2009, 10:52 AM
gotta love them brownies man

lowe
03-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Nice looking Brownie Congrats way to slay'em lo..

fishndrinknsmokin
03-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Great job getting your dad on the fish Rooster. Nice report and a great pic of your pop with a beautiful fish!

lakersmn
03-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Really sweet looking Trout! I'm not one for Trout fishing, but those fish sound really fun.