PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake: 28 February

Fresh H2O Bill
03-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Cleared my schedule for Saturday and headed up to our house in Big Bear to do a quick check on things and then headed over to the lake. I arrived at the east launch ramp jetty at straight up 6:00 a.m. It was a beautiful sunrise to witness and the air was crisp and managable, sweatshirt only.

I got the lines in the water and the wait began. It was extremely slow, and after trying numerous techniques, I finally got a hit at 10:15. Fish on and landed. He was taken on Sierra Gold power bait. It was two (2) hours before the next fish, he was taken on a night crawler (non-inflated) working it slowly back to shore. I fished until 5:30 p.m. but I think the locals were out of town. I scanned other shorelines with my binoculars and didn't see too much action. I did see one gentleman throwing his stringer back into the water at Juniper, it had two (2) fish on it. I felt fortunate to scratch out the two (2) I got.

All in all it was a beautiful day on the lake with a chance to meet a nice couple, Dan and Linda, from San Jacinto fishing BBL for the first time. Although they did not catch anything they really enjoyed being there and taking in the beautiful surroundings that Big Bear has to offer.

One final note, the lake is pretty much ice free and fishable.

Until next time, tight lines to all!

Bill

Matthew 4:19

FISH_HUNTER
03-02-2009, 10:03 AM
MAN THOSE ARE SOME BEAUTIFUL LAKE SHOTS! FISH ARN'T BAD EITHER :LOL:
GLAD TO SEE THE LAKE IS ICE FREE. GOTTA GET BACK UP THERE SOON!:Beer Toast:

Mr Bendo
03-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the Info!!! I wait till April for the water to warm up some!

seal
03-02-2009, 06:06 PM
My favorite lake south of the Sierra's, sorry Silverwood.

Thanks for the report and nice fish!

Eat Sleep Fish
03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
considering the reports ive heard from bbl lately, you did pretty darn good.

GdHkSet1
03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Way to scratch out a couple bows. Thanks for the update and wonderful pics, been wanting to get up there and do some trolling, after this weeks weather passes I hope it will be nice this coming weekend.

chuck'n deuce's
03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
thanks for the report.

ilovemyfish
03-03-2009, 04:00 PM
i know exactly where you were fishing lol shhhh.... glad to hear that spot is still producing i will defently have to go back up there soon.