PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Carpenstein

carpinator
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I went down to the local public park in hopes of shaking of the skunk thats been on my back for the past couple weeks. I don't know how you guys think, but when i go through a dry spell i start questioning my skills and abilities as a fisherman. The problem is that i had a couple of break off's on big fish using light line. I've always been an advocate of using light line and light gear to increase your fish count, but things have been slow due to weather conditions,and i got tired of loosing fish, so i spooled up with 8lb flourocarbon in hopes of preventing the break off. Turns out that was a big mistake because i stopped catching fish. If ever you doubt yourself i'd like to recite a quote from a extrordinary human being that still gives me inspiration in times of need, BRUCE LEE, just replace the word combat with fishing and I quote, " The truth in combat is different for each individual; 1. Research your own experiences for the the truth;2. Absorb what is useful; 3. Reject what is useless;4. Add specifically what is your own." end quote. So i contemplated that thought respooled with 4lb test and went fishing. Thanks Bruce, I hope to meet you one day, but until then, Fish on baby!!!!!!!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/Allourpicturescatfish014.jpgThis fish looked like it had been beat with a baseball bat and lived to tell about, thus the name Dr. Carpenstein. So i released him to be caught another day and scare somebody else.http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/carpinator_photos/Allourpicturescatfish009.jpg

PureAle
03-02-2009, 09:21 PM
must of been a good fight! Good Job.

PureAle

Zombie Bass ATTACK
03-02-2009, 09:23 PM
carpinator 3000 nice fish brotha!!! those toads fight like hell on 2lb test!! :Big Grin: sweet deal

troutdog
03-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Nice job beatin down the skunk Carpinator!

TD

TShaffer
03-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow you know how to find the big ones.
Nice job.

Eat Sleep Fish
03-03-2009, 07:36 PM
nasty lookin creatures. good fights though.