PDA

View Full Version : Super Secret Weapon.....

FISHJUNKIE4446
03-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Team Fatty fished the vine Sat. and it was slow going on the west shore most of the morning. We thought that we had a :Skunk: on board and we had already moved three times. our confidence:Neutral: was defiantly on a all time low for the saeson!!! and the pool was heating up!!! so we had to move in for the kill. We decided:Smile::Cool: to hall the hooks up and move again but when I checked my Lucky Rod it had somthing on it and it was'nt small I was hooked up on a PIG and the fight was on!!!!!!! He stayed down most of the fight not showing even next to the boat, I kept asking the Capt.:Cool: if he could see him, he kept replying no!!! Keep reeln!!!! He was a tricky fish whith 5 or 6 good runs but I kept my cool because I:Angry: already had 2 break off earlier in the morning.After about 10 min.he finally showed. It was a steelie and a BBBIIGGGYYYY!!! All I:Smile: had to do was get him to the Boat he looked worn out!! so I gave a big pull and the Capt.:Cool: gave him the net and the Fight was over A 7.02 Steel Head!! What a nice Fish ,the pink meat was Like Salmon and tasty.We hung out trying to get one for the Capt. But it was not in the cards for him. I caught two more Bows a little over 2lbs. Then the patrol boat came and said it was all in, so we trolled to the dock with out a bite. Sorry Capt...... You did a good job on the net!!!Thanks A Bunch!!!

Troutman65
03-01-2009, 09:04 PM
That is one SWEET trout :!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!::Cool:

Congrats on your catch :Envious:

There is more where that came from. I can't wait till I hook into one of them Heavy Steelies :!!!:

Thanks for the post.

TM65

Mondo21
03-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Nice size Trout!:Shocked: Thanks for the report. Cindy:Big Grin:

Hitts0n
03-01-2009, 10:04 PM
I cant tell the difference between a rainbow,or a steel head ! But either way it goes its a nice fatty !

dirty girl
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
wow! beautiful fish! congrats on that hard-earned prize!
keepin it dirty
dirty girl

Eat Sleep Fish
03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
that one looks more like a irvine steelhead. good job!

diamondbear
03-02-2009, 07:58 PM
GOOD JOB , Sometimes its hard to stick it out all day but it looks like it payed off for you .

BingJr
03-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Sweet Steelie. Way to stick it out and get rewarded.

Trout Nine
03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
WTG! Nice looking trout

smitty99
03-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Nice fish! Yeah its hard for me to tell what is a steelhead down here and what is a rainbow. The 'steelheads' down here don't look like the ones I've seen people catch in Washington. Maybe its because these never actually make it to saltwater??? It probably could be a difference in water temp, diet, and maybe just age of the fish as well. Great looking hog! Thanks for the report!!!

Here is an example of what the northern variety looks like so you can see what I mean:
http://www.ackerlunds.com/httpdocs/images/WashingtonFishingGuide.jpg

FISHJUNKIE4446
03-06-2009, 07:59 AM
That Fish is awsome and I see what you mean by looking totaly diffirent..I like to see more fish like that planted at the VINE!!!!!!! Thanks for the pic:Thumbs Up: