PDA

View Full Version : Tuff Day at the MID 2/28

BingJr
03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Took the new ride up to the Mid on Saturday. Was going elsewhere but due to time constraints the retarded hours the lake is open (7-3) actually were the best fit for us and I can not be trusted to ever leave before closing. Metered the launch area and very little meter marks. Fished the walls with a rip bait and my wife (angelfish) had on a scrounger head both for nada. Headed off to yellow bar and metered a gangload of fish and trolled on their head for a couple hours for not a sniff. Kids getting restless and beginning to question my fish finding ability. Hit the bait and wait and eventually got em on some action. We got 12 in about 2 hours with 3 times that many strikes but I was letting the kids do it all themselves. Picking up the rod, setting the hook, everything. Of the 12 we had 3-4 keepers with 2 descent schoolies. We wrapped it up at 2:30 before the #(*%&@(*&# fishing nazi sheriff that calls that place home came to give us grief. A pretty good day, especially compared to other boats we talked to. It started out a little cold and windy but ended up gorgeous. I am feeling the itch, stripers are fixing to get their act together.

All fish released to rock the house another day.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/Pyramid/816f6c1c.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/Pyramid/f0a2afa1.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/Pyramid/73218126.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/Pyramid/5a578d7e.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/Pyramid/f1aba4f1.jpg

Seng90806
03-01-2009, 08:00 PM
binger,

Leave those pansize fish alone!! Those are for me to catch...Can't wait for a massive slay session in the new ride :LOL:

next time black out the background...now everyone knows the spot :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

TroutOnly
03-01-2009, 09:14 PM
NOW I TOLD YOU BING TO STAY OFF MY POINT ITS BAD ENOUGH GEORDY AND GARY HAVE TRIED TO TAKE IT OVER,,,LOL,,,YOURE PHOTOS PINPOINT RIGHT WERE YOU FISHED, GREAT TO GET THE WIFE AND KIDS OUT ON BINGS POINT,,,t/o

SDDave
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Good fun, nice to see families on the water, so what did the sheriff have to say, Life jackets on the kids, you should get them used to wearing them on the water.

kpn
03-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Good to see you guys out there Bing. And you did a outstanding job to put your wife & kids on fish.

KPN.

Hitts0n
03-01-2009, 09:56 PM
I for sure know about that point ! Good job mate! I will be at the lake early tomorrow morning !

fishinone
03-02-2009, 09:43 AM
NOW I TOLD YOU BING TO STAY OFF MY POINT ITS BAD ENOUGH GEORDY AND GARY HAVE TRIED TO TAKE IT OVER,,,LOL,,,YOURE PHOTOS PINPOINT RIGHT WERE YOU FISHED, GREAT TO GET THE WIFE AND KIDS OUT ON BINGS POINT,,,t/o

T/O,

That's my spot!:Secret::LOL: There's another one up the lake a little way that I like even better and one across the lake too! Just forget it, all the spot's are mine!!:ROFL:

Bing,

Great job, getting the kids on the fish.

thepuma
03-02-2009, 10:17 AM
What a great family outing. Nice job placing everone on fish! Great report Bing......

Hitts0n
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
I for sure know about that point ! Good job mate! I will be at the lake early tomorrow morning !

I mean i'll be out there 3/3....lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
nice job, that lake is not going strong right now...it's way over due...

Glad ya managed some fish, it was a tough bite out there, we bailed out and went to Marina del rey.....we didnt get jack at Pyramid but we left about that time you mentioned where you got fish....we caught major #'s at Marina del rey after though...

Nice work on turning the families frown upside down and geting them some action...

saweet..
Congrats..
Gary

GeordyBass
03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
NOW I TOLD YOU BING TO STAY OFF MY POINT ITS BAD ENOUGH GEORDY AND GARY HAVE TRIED TO TAKE IT OVER,,,LOL,,,YOURE PHOTOS PINPOINT RIGHT WERE YOU FISHED, GREAT TO GET THE WIFE AND KIDS OUT ON BINGS POINT,,,t/olol...old man bob's mad!Time for his Prune juice....:ROFL:

LateFisher
03-02-2009, 01:03 PM
BING IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU ON THE LAKE :Dancing Banana:. BY THE WAY YOUR BOAT LOOKS AWESOME !!!! JUST AS GARY TOLD YOU WE GOT THE OLD SKUNK :ROFL:, BUT THINGS CHANGED WHEN WE WENT TO MARINA DEL REY. I WAS HOPEING GARY WOULD POST IT, CAUSE HE DOES IT WITH MUCH MORE COLOR, ALTHOUGH NOT AS MUCH AS HE USES ON THE BOAT :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN WE DID'NT GET OFF THE WATER UNTIL AFTER 10:00 PM, AND ISAC AND I DID'NT GET HOME UNTIL AFTER 12:30 AM, I MEAN LOTS OF FUN :ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL:

yamafish
03-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Nice !
Scott - lets get the boats out there soon !
You can teach LF & I the pointers on gettin on the linesides :Big Grin:

Wingnut
03-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey Binger, I noticed that you were fishing a little too close to my bouy... would you kindly refrain from doing that next time? :LOL: :ROFL:
Sounds like you had a pretty decent day compared to what I've been hearing & reading out there. Good times with the family, that's what it's all about. :Cool:

Santa Fe Eric
03-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Nice Boat and nice family times!
Great photos as well!