PDA

View Full Version : Massive Panfish Gathering at Lake Piru 3.1.09

Seng90806
03-01-2009, 06:27 PM
The day started off bright and early with everyone showing up on time...after signing up everyone left and headed out and did their thang...

For me it was very slow and i could not get bite all day long...the lake lost a whole bunch of water....everything seems different from the last time i was there which was about a year ago....most of coves are all dried up and one of the boat launch ramp cant be access because there are no more water in the area....it was tough day out there for me but many fish were caught and i will let each individual explain their day on water...enjoy the pictures:

heading out for the skunk feast :LOL:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-5-1.jpg

cant launch here no more:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-8-1.jpg

dried up cove:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-2-2.jpg

Jsauce and Fishstix taking advantage of the free tan session :LOL:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-3-2.jpg

PM these guys if you want to know the spots :LOL:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-4-1.jpg

gerodybass and his pops....check out the fishing machine...that sucker gets from point A to point B faster than you think

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-6-1.jpg

wondering where to go next? :LOL:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-7-1.jpg

Check in time:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-9-1.jpg

NOHO-ART with a nice fat 2 pounder:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-10-1.jpg

Geordy with a couple redears:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-11.jpg

3rd place: Fish Killa with some nice redear sunfish at about a pound each:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-14.jpg

2nd Place: DEADROOTS with a 5 pound stringer

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-13.jpg

1st Place: Mike with a 5 pound 1 oz stringer:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-12.jpg

Everyone who caught something:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo-10.jpg

Everyone smiling...thats what i like to see :LOL:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/seng90806/photo00.jpg

i just want to thank everyone who showed up and made this possible...this might be the last tournament ever unless everyone steps up to the plate and make it happen...i personally had a great time out there and i hope eveyone who showed up did same way...until than keep slaying them panfish :LOL:

Eat Sleep Fish
03-01-2009, 06:51 PM
lake looks nice right now. great scenery. good job on the panfish!

GeordyBass
03-01-2009, 06:56 PM
This was an awesome Event Seng-o!The fishin' was so and so,but it was some good times making fun of the "9lb. Lake Record Crappie":ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:....

I'm definitely going to the next one,and the next one,and the next one....lol....Soon I'll be champ!Those Basstards were lucky that they found that damn spot active(j/k)!Damn,that was my old school basshole!!!:Twisted::Envious:...

It was nice meeting all yall,and the next gathering will be bigger,funner,and Geordy is gonna be the winner...:Cool:

Also,the whaler never lets me down,and i took some vids too...lol...theyre in the ads section...:Envious:

mrjonez
03-01-2009, 07:08 PM
oh man that looks like it was fun. im in next time.

yamafish
03-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Seng,
Looked like alot of fun! LF and I should have headed up there :Smile:
Nice report and pics!

Geordy,
Dude.. you got so many boats :Shocked: You still got the Lowe as well right?

BingJr
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Most of my favorite people still not catching much, but having a blast! I am checking google every day for WWW.TEAMPANFISH.NET so we can have many many more of these. Huge props to you Senger for sticking it out through all the "stuff" that happened and putting on a stellar event! Have one of these at a top striper lake so I can attend!

Seng I am assuming you werent in any of the pictures because you were taking all the pictures! .. :ROFL:

GeordyBass
03-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Geordy,
Dude.. you got so many boats :Shocked: You still got the Lowe as well right?

Only 2 bud,only 2...lol...Those boat whore days are over...i need the $$$ so i can buy a truck,so i can be more of a boat whore,,,:LOL:,,,I was gonna take the lowe but,the left bearing on the trailer popped out,and the carb is acting up!Damn maintaining boats sucks...:ROFL:

FISHSTIX
03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Jsauce and I fished just about every nook and cranny of that lake and ended up with a good burn:LOL:, but the man of the hour was NOHO-ART. Talk about making a killing, every one in his boat pulled a SLAB! It was a beautiful day on the lake and it was a GREAT day of fishing, regardless of fish count. It dont matter about how many people show, we gotta do this again!.:Cool:

FISHSTIX
03-01-2009, 08:04 PM
.......oh yeah, just a reminder
**MAKE SURE YOUR TURN OFF YOUR HEADLIGHTS**:Rolls Eyes::LOL:

fishincrave
03-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Way to go all looks like it was a very nice day on the waters of my private lake LOL . to bad i could't make it was feeling under the weather :Sad:plus had to work :Crying: .

Art hope you caught that Moster where i told you to fish:LOL:

Hope i'll make the next one.

Sean

cjschock
03-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Good job out there, one of these days I'll make it out to the tournament.

kpn
03-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Great job out there guys. Sorry I could not make it out there this time. I'll try hard next time :Wink:.

KPN.

Hitts0n
03-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I been waiting for this report? What happen to Gary? I see Jsauce is losing a lot of weight.Dam homie you streesed that much?!:ROFL:
I told you if I was with NohO aRT we would have 0wned! But instead,he did it himself! Congrats to all ! Great turnout !

GeordyBass
03-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Great job out there guys. Sorry I could not make it out there this time. I'll try hard next time :Wink:.

KPN.

sorry aint gonna cut it Khanh.....lol j/k....We wouldn't have fit in my 13' whaler anyways....damn lol....im gonna have the boat ready by then so were gonna have to slay mr. khanh!!!!!!!!

Str8t Slabaronies
03-02-2009, 06:05 AM
On the 2nd Panfish Tourney!

WTF....no Crappie Mike???

Looked like fun...I'm trying to make it to one of these. :Rolls Eyes:

When is the next one? Perris?

fish killa
03-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Hello fellow fnners I had a ball out there kicking around .Thanks to all who participated in the tourney great competition.Next tyme Ill win 1st place.:)

crappiemike
03-02-2009, 07:42 AM
glad to see some fish caught at this tourney!! even with the water level the way
it was. hats off to all the winners!! and who showed for the event. i'll make it out
to the next one hopefully up at cachuma!!!

cm

DEADROOTS
03-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for putting on this tournament Seng! I still cant believe that my 2 slabs lost the first place because of 1oz:ROFL: all those slabs had just gorged on some shad except the last one caught , which was my second, no tummy on that one. I got burnt to a crisp but it was worth it, check it out:Flamethrower:! I thought that our boat was going to come in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd:Cart:. Better luck next time! Good job NoHoArt and I Got A Bite Mike! Oh ya, the scale is dead on!

GeordyBass
03-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Oh ya, the scale is dead on!
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

My fish were at least DD's!!!!WTF?Throw that scale away!:LOL: J/K bro...

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
looks like it was a fun day out there, sorry I didn't make it but I did say up front that I most likely would not.

Congrats to all the participants/anglers and a tip o the hat to those who caught fish, the fishing is tough just about anywhere you go so in those conditions that was a great outcome.

I'm sure you'll se a better turnout when this sort of gathering is held at a more peak time for the slab fishing, the storm patterns really put a dampeer on things everywhere...it won't be long at all till things turn for the good

I spent the major portion of sunday resting with my legs elavated cause of my back...not sure what the future holds for me regarding that but I hope something changes...

I finally couldnt take it any longer and went out ta fish late afternoon..

again I'll mention that a henshaw slab convention should be had

GeordyBass
03-02-2009, 01:34 PM
l
I spent the major portion of sunday resting with my legs elavated cause of my back...not sure what the future holds for me regarding that but I hope something changes...

well,hope you get better dude...maybe you would have outslayed us?:Rolls Eyes: j/k....u would have skunked out...hahaha

pasadenafishin
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Looks sweet, im bummed i couldnt go, im will DEFINITELY be at the next one.

trashetanush
03-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Nice job out there! Looks like you guys had fun out there. A nice job to NoHoArt on his fish.

NoHo ART
03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
first i would like to thank seng for putting this tourney together not to many people showed up but you have to start somewhere. i know i'll be at the next tourney for sure.. thanks to every one showing up its always fun meeting new cool peep's and caching up with the ones you already know.

btw panfish guide services by NoHo ART are available friday saturday and sundays lol j/p :ROFL:

Sean

naw bro there was no life at those spot

funny story we got on to the fish by accident lol
so we hit up a few spots for no results in between spots we troll for trout
and paul (deadroots) hooks up with a 8" trout.. back it goes a few hours in paul suggests we ask the guy at the docks where to find the crappie .. so we stop at the docks and and paul walks in to ask.. mike and i figure lets play with the jigs while we are waiting and as soon as we drop our jigs we get a few hits but we miss we keep trying and paul comes back and tells us the guy said go to the dam and fish the dirt pile like a kelp for calico's ( same guy saying the lake record crappie is 9lbs) but we don't want to move so we keep at it, and mike is the first to hook up and what do you know its a slab paul is next and mike again then its my turn and so on just as fast as the bite started its stopped by then we had out 5 slabs and that was it for the day after that we tried a few more spots and trolled some more for nothing we even went back to the same spot but no takers.
i was sooo close to 3rd place if my slab had eaten one more shad i would have had 3rd place ... there is always next time

all in all it was a grate day kickin it with cool people fishing and getting sun burned :Embarrassed: had a lot of fun can't wait till next time

I got a bit mike
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey everybody, fishing was tough. All the fish were down deep, about 45-60 feet. As the day got warmer, we found some good crappie at the docks feeding on shad. Lucked out and caught these bad boys! Hope to see everyone on the water again soon! Thanks to Noho Art and dead roots, they got me out on the water for a great day of fishing and hangin out. looking forward to the next fishing trip to come! :High Five:

NoHo ART
03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
welcome a board bro:Beer Toast:

Hitts0n
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Im glad to see more valley 818'ers getting involved.Soon,we will slay Pyramid and Castaic! We will gather up and slay ! Keep the 818ers coming ! North siders !

Seng90806
03-03-2009, 04:31 AM
lake looks nice right now. great scenery. good job on the panfish!

it was a beautiful day out there…great day for fishing but the water level at the lake has gone down so much it felt like it was my first time fishing the lake :LOL:

This was an awesome Event Seng-o!The fishin' was so and so,but it was some good times making fun of the "9lb. Lake Record Crappie":ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:....

I'm definitely going to the next one,and the next one,and the next one....lol....Soon I'll be champ!Those Basstards were lucky that they found that damn spot active(j/k)!Damn,that was my old school basshole!!!:Twisted::Envious:...

It was nice meeting all yall,and the next gathering will be bigger,funner,and Geordy is gonna be the winner...:Cool:

Also,the whaler never lets me down,and i took some vids too...lol...theyre in the ads section...:Envious:

Dude you told me to give u the first palce prize ahead of time :ROFL:…what happen there? Yeah you would have placed with those little suckers you got if those guys didn’t get so lucky in finding that 3 min bite…always a next time bro :LOL:

oh man that looks like it was fun. im in next time.

at least u was out in the ocean killing those rockfish…see you at the next one :LOL:

Seng,
Looked like alot of fun! LF and I should have headed up there :Smile:
Nice report and pics!

See you at the next one…get your’re crappie jigs and UL gear ready because its almost that time again

Most of my favorite people still not catching much, but having a blast! I am checking google every day for WWW.TEAMPANFISH.NET so we can have many many more of these. Huge props to you Senger for sticking it out through all the "stuff" that happened and putting on a stellar event! Have one of these at a top striper lake so I can attend!

Seng I am assuming you werent in any of the pictures because you were taking all the pictures! .. :ROFL:

Just come out and join in on the fun…you can be the commentator for the tournament and keep everyone smiling with you jokes….you can also be our camera man so I can be in the picture too :ROFL:

Jsauce and I fished just about every nook and cranny of that lake and ended up with a good burn:LOL:, but the man of the hour was NOHO-ART. Talk about making a killing, every one in his boat pulled a SLAB! It was a beautiful day on the lake and it was a GREAT day of fishing, regardless of fish count. It dont matter about how many people show, we gotta do this again!.:Cool:

yeah it was a tough day out there…you guys got burnt man….i wonder how it feels right now…always fun fishing with you guys…see you at the next one…tooo bad you left your headlights on :ROFL:

Way to go all looks like it was a very nice day on the waters of my private lake LOL . to bad i could't make it was feeling under the weather :Sad:plus had to work :Crying: .

Hope i'll make the next one.

Sean

Always a next time bro...work always comes first because without work we cant fund out fishing habits :LOL:

ART guide service did it again

Good job out there, one of these days I'll make it out to the tournament.

yeah one of these days…make plan for the next one…show up so you can teach us a thing or two :LOL:

KPN.

Got to take care of the kids….thats what a loving father do :LOL: see you at the next one bro

I been waiting for this report? What happen to Gary? I see Jsauce is losing a lot of weight.Dam homie you streesed that much?!:ROFL:
I told you if I was with NohO aRT we would have 0wned! But instead,he did it himself! Congrats to all ! Great turnout !

Next one bro…see you there :LOL:

On the 2nd Panfish Tourney!

WTF....no Crappie Mike???

Looked like fun...I'm trying to make it to one of these. :Rolls Eyes:

When is the next one? Perris?

CM was being a sissy…talking about he sick? :ROFL:

Yeah you need to make plans for the next one and show us how to catch some slabs…im thinking about perris for the next one….going to gather up some info and I’ll let you know bro

Hello fellow fnners I had a ball out there kicking around .Thanks to all who participated in the tourney great competition.Next tyme Ill win 1st place.:)

man you fish from start to end…I bet your feet and legs are tired from all that kicking in the tube…you a down A&& fishermen :LOL: you almost missed the deadline for weigh in…if you would have picked up a couple more of those redear you would have won 1st….next time bro :LOL:

glad to see some fish caught at this tourney!! even with the water level the way
it was. hats off to all the winners!! and who showed for the event. i'll make it out
to the next one hopefully up at cachuma!!!

cm

the guy who picked the lake and the date didn’t show up…yeah see you at the next one that’s if you wake up in time…stop getting drunk the day before the tourney :ROFL:

Thanks for putting on this tournament Seng! I still cant believe that my 2 slabs lost the first place because of 1oz:ROFL: all those slabs had just gorged on some shad except the last one caught , which was my second, no tummy on that one. I got burnt to a crisp but it was worth it, check it out:Flamethrower:! I thought that our boat was going to come in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd:Cart:. Better luck next time! Good job NoHoArt and I Got A Bite Mike! Oh ya, the scale is dead on!

I guess the scale was correct :ROLF: well at least you guys figured it out….it was a very close race between you and mike…next time you’ll get em….dude I cant believe how fast that bite stopped…I was there when u guys caugh em’ and then when we creep in near you guys it all stopped :LOL:

Well at least you guys got em’

looks like it was a fun day out there, sorry I didn't make it but I did say up front that I most likely would not.

Congrats to all the participants/anglers and a tip o the hat to those who caught fish, the fishing is tough just about anywhere you go so in those conditions that was a great outcome.

I'm sure you'll se a better turnout when this sort of gathering is held at a more peak time for the slab fishing, the storm patterns really put a dampeer on things everywhere...it won't be long at all till things turn for the good

yeah well at least you told me ahead of time…most of the guys who signed up didn’t say anything…I know things comes up so its all GOOD…take care of back bro and hopefully I’ll see you at the next one

Looks sweet, im bummed i couldnt go, im will DEFINITELY be at the next one.

I know you whould have a blaste out there in your tube since the water is so low you didn’t have to kick out far to fish…catch you at the next one bro :LOL:

first i would like to thank seng for putting this tourney together not to many people showed up but you have to start somewhere. i know i'll be at the next tourney for sure.. thanks to every one showing up its always fun meeting new cool peep's and caching up with the ones you already know.

btw panfish guide services by NoHo ART are available friday saturday and sundays lol j/p :ROFL:

naw bro there was no life at those spot

funny story we got on to the fish by accident lol
so we hit up a few spots for no results in between spots we troll for trout
and paul (deadroots) hooks up with a 8" trout.. back it goes a few hours in paul suggests we ask the guy at the docks where to find the crappie .. so we stop at the docks and and paul walks in to ask.. mike and i figure lets play with the jigs while we are waiting and as soon as we drop our jigs we get a few hits but we miss we keep trying and paul comes back and tells us the guy said go to the dam and fish the dirt pile like a kelp for calico's ( same guy saying the lake record crappie is 9lbs) but we don't want to move so we keep at it, and mike is the first to hook up and what do you know its a slab paul is next and mike again then its my turn and so on just as fast as the bite started its stopped by then we had out 5 slabs and that was it for the day after that we tried a few more spots and trolled some more for nothing we even went back to the same spot but no takers.
i was sooo close to 3rd place if my slab had eaten one more shad i would have had 3rd place ... there is always next time

all in all it was a grate day kickin it with cool people fishing and getting sun burned :Embarrassed: had a lot of fun can't wait till next time

just like the last tourney one luck boat found the honeyhole…and this time it was your boat…you should feeel good about your catch because it took two to out placed yours…next time you’ll get em back…always great to meet new people and learn a thing or two…see you at the next one :LOL:

Hey everybody, fishing was tough. All the fish were down deep, about 45-60 feet. As the day got warmer, we found some good crappie at the docks feeding on shad. Lucked out and caught these bad boys! Hope to see everyone on the water again soon! Thanks to Noho Art and dead roots, they got me out on the water for a great day of fishing and hangin out. looking forward to the next fishing trip to come! :High Five:

welcome aboard bro!!! you was all smiles that day…congratulations on wining the tourney…win a couple more and you’re have the “PANFISHERMEN OF YEAR” on lock

Im glad to see more valley 818'ers getting involved.Soon,we will slay Pyramid and Castaic! We will gather up and slay ! Keep the 818ers coming ! North siders !

:ROFL: :ROFL: NO set trippin’ please!!!…we’re here to fish and have a good time :ROFL: :ROFL:

MAN VS WILD
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Looks like a succesful event Seng. Nice job brother. The water level had really dropped over there. It also looked really hot on those boats. I never caught a Crappie before. Maybe I will jump in on your next event.

FISH ON!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-03-2009, 11:50 AM
well,hope you get better dude...maybe you would have outslayed us?:Rolls Eyes: j/k....u would have skunked out...hahaha

alright young grasshoppa....ya playin with fire and ya gonna get burned....me thinks a lil side wager between you and I next time we are both on the water is in order....break that piggy bank open....roll up the pennies and cash them in...then just give me your $ and stay home, you'll feel better about losing your $ that way..

Ha ha ha ha....oh yes my lil panfiash..."your soon to be taken to the woodshed !"

Woo hoo hoo hoo....ha ha ha ha !

P.S.
I'll even spot ya 5 fiash !

GeordyBass
03-03-2009, 12:07 PM
alright young grasshoppa....ya playin with fire and ya gonna get burned....me thinks a lil side wager between you and I next time we are both on the water is in order....break that piggy bank open....roll up the pennies and cash them in...then just give me your $ and stay home, you'll feel better about losing your $ that way..

Ha ha ha ha....oh yes my lil panfiash..."your soon to be taken to the woodshed !"

P.S.
I'll even spot ya 5 fiash !no,your the one playin with fire old man....You can just give ME the cash and rest your back home while i'm hooking up and landing fish every cast i make....Sounds like a side wager may be up for???You get oneleg,i get the neighbor?:ROFL:

Seng90806
03-03-2009, 12:21 PM

P.S.
I'll even spot ya 5 fiash !

way to spark up the flame for the next one :LOL:

chivo
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
looks like you guys had a good time, and i bet next tourney the fish will be piled up

bluehunter
03-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Mad cool guys. Wish I was there. Love the panfish.

Trout Nine
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
WTG out there looks like you guys had a good time!