PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cahuilla PB Flathead for my son (Pics)

Catrack77
03-01-2009, 01:18 PM
My oldest son and I decided

TShaffer
03-01-2009, 04:51 PM
wow that's a huge cat
nice job

bullets_full
03-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Very NIce! Way to go!

_Bullets

olefrog
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Handsome young man Cat ,very nice fish .
Congrats to you both
ole frog

DEADROOTS
03-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Awesome fish!!

Bird dog
03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Wow,two PB's in a month for Team DC! Nice fish.Thanks for the report & photos.Any Bass biting out that way?

dogg
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I've been fishing that lake for years, I haven't seen a nice one like that
come out of their yet. I usually fish at the beach. Great fish. Cat - What did u use for bait?

Bird dog
03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Live Bluegill.

Pnutty
03-11-2009, 09:48 AM
come out of their yet. I usually fish at the beach. Great fish. Cat - What did u use for bait?

lol... And youll prolly never see another cause this guys Kills every fish he catches!!.. Nice goin desert rat!!... Im surprized I dont see your largemouth strung up or massacred on your lawn or driveway..lol.. You starvin??... Double cheese burgers are a dollar bro.. A fish like that makes your day! or even your year, like it did your boy... why not put him back so someone else can pull on him too and enjoy him just like you guys got to????

troutdog
03-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Beautiful fish, congrats on your son's pb cat...that is not what I would consider "good eating size", but at least it did not go to waste. Thanks for the report and pics.

TD

Catrack77
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
lol... And youll prolly never see another cause this guys Kills every fish he catches!!.. Nice goin desert rat!!... Im surprized I dont see your largemouth strung up or massacred on your lawn or driveway..lol.. You starvin??... Double cheese burgers are a dollar bro.. A fish like that makes your day! or even your year, like it did your boy... why not put him back so someone else can pull on him too and enjoy him just like you guys got to????

Holier than thou

DccFISHerMan
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Never fails.... Someones always gotta hate!!!

Catrack77
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM

Lots of flats in

olefrog
03-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I'll say this I must be missing something here.
Put the fish back and eat a dead cow with big brown eyes.
Come on ,man has eaten fish from the dark ages and beyond.
This is a very nice fish and the young man caught it ,if he wants to eat it fine with me.
Once you catch something it is yours.
I know Desert Cat realease all bass he catches.
I keep a few and eat them,get the law changed if you don't like it ,he has got on to my case for eating bass.
I am sure am not one to flame a person for eating a fish.
I'll say this again, very nice fish ,a good looking boy Desert Cat
congratulations .
ta ta ole frog

bdubs
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
lots of flats in the lake, it's just that no one fishes for them. There is a channel that runs through the middle of the lake (east to west) between the outlet and the rock jetty. The flatheads lay in and cruse that channel. There are also tires, trash cans etc. In the lake that are holding fish. The best way to get in this channel is make a long cast from the end of the drive on jetty or a long cast at the second shad stucture east of the drive on jetty. I have pictures of all the structure in the lake when it was really low a couple of years back. Live bait is always the way to go when fishing flats.

Take care
desert cat

hey desert cat-great job gettin the boy of a huge flatty-oh yeah its legal to keep AND EAT any legal size FISH you catch....but you already know that. Funny how some people on here are the judge of everyones conduct, shame really you try to share a great catch and some tips and get ridiculed....somepeople are just miserable human beings...sad really=] tight lines and good luck....maybe ill make the drive and try for some of these guys...i love goin for the cats!!!
Bdubs

Pnutty
03-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Holier than thou

I eat catfish because I love to eat catfish. Even a large flatheads taste great. You would not know this because you could not catch one anyway. I guess your forte are those stocked trout that anyone can catch and that taste like cardboard. I don’t fault anyone for fishing the stocked trout because in most urban areas that’s all there is during the winter months.

You have 25 posts in a little over 4 years (none started all responses) and you want to reply by criticizing someone for keeping a good eating fish. “Give me a break” There are others on this site that catch and keep large flatheads and I don’t see you giving them grief for doing so. I will keep what I want, when I want and eat what I want. Oh, but thanks for your advice because I’m sure you’re an expert. Boy, "Desert rat" your a real class act. "Nice"

"The Pnutty makes more since now and I'm not your bro"

Oh, by the way I C&R all the bass I catch as most on this board already know.

Regards
Desert cat or rat

LMAO.. Your right you're not my bro, and if you were id give you just as much chit.. And not even holier than thou.. It's cool that you like eating catfish, but That's not an eating size catfish..That's a trophy for sure.. and that was my main point.. It makes nooo sense to keep a fish that size.. especially when you just killed that monster last month.. wtfdude!?.. ...I mean, how much catfeeesh could a brotha eat!?.... ..That 50lbr had to put out at least 30lbs of meat!..

..and I wouldnt call it my "forte" ...lol..(as I am a well rounded angler) but I do fish some stocked trout during the winter, but i defi dont eatm.. And I'm no expert buuut I do know a thing or two about your lougill tricks..lol (whachu know about that revelledeck!?).. but I don't chase catfish.. I mainly fish bass and let them go also cause their my buddys.. and I'd like to catch up with them again.. I do kill a striper every now and then to fill my belly..lol.. wasn't insinuating fish (catfish included) is no good.. I just hate to see trophy's die, there's few to go around...

..There's no doubt you got the place dialed, and you catch quality fish ( thankgawd the bass are safe) ..lol.. I just hate seeing them lay on concrete.. Itd be waaaay more impressive if they were still swimming in the lake or canal.. And "Cat" it dont take much skilll to soak a gillll ...lol... especially with an hour soak on him before your bite you "pro"... lmao .... keep up the good work, your right your legal beagle, who the phunk am I!??

Pnutty
03-12-2009, 12:15 AM
ANd my lack of posts on here is because of the know it all kooks this board has been over run with... such as yourself.. and the disgusting amount of lurkers that are waitng pounce on any one of your local holes to kill every fish they catch.... and anybody thats been on here since it was the hotpage an before knows what Im talkin bout....lol... used to be cool, now its just entertainment... lmao... keep it coming...

gavin310
03-12-2009, 11:05 AM
ANd my lack of posts on here is because of the know it all kooks this board has been over run with... such as yourself.. and the disgusting amount of lurkers that are waitng pounce on any one of your local holes to kill every fish they catch.... and anybody thats been on here since it was the hotpage an before knows what Im talkin bout....lol... used to be cool, now its just entertainment... lmao... keep it coming...

Pnutty... are you retarded?

troutdog
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Pnutty hate to say it, but telling a guy not keep a catfish that he is entitled to by law kinda makes you come off as a "know it all kook" don't ya think?

27 posts since 2004 does not exactly set you apart from the rest of the lurkers....just telling it like it is man.

See you on the board,

TD

Lightning
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Dude,not many on this board are as forthcoming with info & as helpful as DC.Nothing wrong with keeping a fish for dinner...As stated he releases all his LMB including that big bad Lake Cahuilla LMB on his avatar.Peace

RamboBoy
03-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey, Desert Cat!

It was good to seeing that you have some spending time with your son. Congrats to your son caught a big monster catfish. I saw your picture, is that a red tag on it's head, and a tag must be a reward.

Nice report, Desert Cat!

Rambo

Catrack77
03-12-2009, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=RamboBoy;319469]Hey, Desert Cat!

It was good

dogg
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey Desert Cat Thanks for the info.
I'd like to catch a monster like that, just to get a picture then release it. I like to eat fish too. But I think I like catching them more.
I don't look down my nose at someone that likes to keep fish.
Some people just don't like to see fish taken. Fish on...

DOGG

Pnutty
03-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Pnutty hate to say it, but telling a guy not keep a catfish that he is entitled to by law kinda makes you come off as a "know it all kook" don't ya think?

27 posts since 2004 does not exactly set you apart from the rest of the lurkers....just telling it like it is man.

See you on the board,

TD

dude.. You dont even have to be a know it alllll, or a kook for that matter..lol.., to know a fish that size deserves to go back.. I already acknowledged that he IS within the rules, but still dosent make it right.. What is it with guys that fish for meat, always have to overdo it...lmao ..The guy just killed a FIFTY effin pounder last month!!.. That is liking you some catfish I guess!?.. phukit, kill the catfish, leave the bass alone..

...And I am a self proclaimed lurker!..lmao... I DGAF... This boards comedy.. Very few ogs left.. They have moved on or quit, knowing their spots will be overrun with the riff raff this board attracts.. It is sick.. My local park will NEVER be the same... how's that for "telling it like it is"...lol..

troutdog
03-12-2009, 11:59 PM
I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but I think Gavin310's question has some merit after all.

Enjoy the board "OG poster"....

TD

team760
03-14-2009, 05:21 AM
I think it's great that your son had the experience to catch a cat that size.....it's great for his confidence and his self esteem........i think some people (pnutty) forget the concept of getting kids fishing and if they want to keep it....its their choice.....i'm sure there are plenty more that size or bigger in there......... i love to eat cats too......size doesn't matter much when it comes to taste of a cat........ hope you take your son again and he gets another.

RamboBoy
03-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Just a bloody spot where he hit the ground from the fight after he was landed.

Take care
Desert cat

I get it. Thanks

Rambo

Mrmedia
03-16-2009, 11:06 AM

Catfish and Trout are made for the table. Why are you acting like an *******? GTFO

Bird dog
03-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Have the LMB turned on here yet DC?

Catrack77
03-31-2009, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=Bird dog;326595]Have the

Tundy
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Oh Putty-boy, just think of all the baby LMB this fat flatty has been slaying over the years. DC's boy did us all a favor by removing this beast. I must say, DC has got the inside scoop on where to get em' though.

deanhall32
04-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Where is that lake located?

Bird dog
04-01-2009, 11:42 AM
La Quinta near Indio.Nice little lake.

deanhall32
04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
La Quinta near Indio.Nice little lake.

Thanks Bird Dog.