PDA

View Full Version : Paul Harvey R.I.P. !!

Nessie Hunter
03-01-2009, 10:02 AM
RIP Paul.... :Sad:

Article;

Paul Harvey died on Saturday at age 90. He was a remarkably original radio personality. My parents used to listen to his mixture of news and anecdote every day, and when I was a child I became transfixed by Harvey's rumbling-deep voice and strikingly unique phrasing. He'd pause in the middle of sentences for dramatic effect. He'd rush to the end of a story, pause for so long you thought the radio had gone dead, and then you'd suddenly hear him bark in mock-triumph, "Page two!"... his term for changing the subject, and off he was, onto another story, or to a commercial whose copy he read himself and promoted personally.
Harvey belonged to the pre-TV generation, but lasted well into the Internet age. In recent years, I would hear him only on car trips, around noon wherever I was, on the AM radio dial. He had the gift of making it seem as though he was talking only to you. "Hello, Americans!" he'd greet you merrily: patriotism never sounded so much fun.
Paul Harvey, sir... good day!

GdHkSet1
03-03-2009, 06:37 AM
He alwways made me chuckle, one of a kind radio broadcaster- those guys are'nt around anymore... going to miss him on the am