PDA

View Full Version : Yucaipa Lake 2/27

Team_Strike
03-01-2009, 06:45 AM
got in Line @ 6:30am and i was the 10th one in line, pretty busy for a friday morning. Fished the Top lake, threw in some powerbait in for a while for nothing, started seeing people pull in a few fish using jiggs, so I threw on a power worm and Wham!. . . . . let the fishing began.
I pulled out this 8.5 pounder jigging a powerworm, took about 10mins on 2lb test! when i finally land this trout, my hook broke in half. My PB out of this lake. land a few after that but no were near the first one.
I didnt see anyone have any luck on the powerbait, most people were jigging.
only seen a hand full of people pulling in fish. most fish were from 3-6lb range.
I think that they stock more quality fish than anything. it was a nice day 57-63 degrees thought out the day. Stood the whole day and it was empty by 3pm, great evening bite there!

All in all it was a great day for fishing, this lake has heavy pressure the day after a stock and doesnt give the weekend guys to much of a fighting chance.

diamondbear
03-01-2009, 03:29 PM
GOOD CATCH , I live 1 block from this place and I was going hiking sat. morn. and driving by I couldnt believe the crowd waiting to get in the Park .

BingJr
03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
I had heard the big fish were biting in the plaid area of the lake. I guess your photo proves that to be true.

castle
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I agree, now that I see its the plaid area , Im going to tell everyone!

Eat Sleep Fish
03-01-2009, 05:12 PM
sweet looking taod man. bet the fight was nice on 2 lb. test.