PDA

View Full Version : Skinned at Skinner

GdHkSet1
02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Made it out with friends and family on the 16ft old cresty around 1230, the weather was balmy spring like 80F beutiful partly cloudy blu skies. Like pwynn said the week before, the water level is hi maybe max?, no water flowing in the inlet, Ran into another crestliner at the camping store getting ice, he said everyone he ran into people are getting skunked- Not a good sign.

We launch, the water looks like blueish, the type you see in front of a marie calenders or some joint like it, got a bad feeling already... Motored west metered lots of fish around 18-28feet. Had a few quick strikes using NC and some choves but nothing netted yet. Went to south shore and R2 area with no love, frustrating day...

Had a great picnic with fam and friends until we got kicked out at sun down. Oh well thats fishing, well try again another day....

That Dang Guy
03-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Yea it was a rough day out there. Fish had lockjaw for most of the day.

vanillagurilla
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
sounds like blue stoneing to mee`

That Dang Guy
03-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Nah. No bluestoning. My group spoke to the inspection woman and they haven't done anything recently. The water is definitely not at full capacity and from what I can see, the water hasn't been flowing for the last three fridays.

HEMAN
03-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Nah. No bluestoning. My group spoke to the inspection woman and they haven't done anything recently. The water is definitely not at full capacity and from what I can see, the water hasn't been flowing for the last three fridays.

you would only know that if you were there the last three fridays!!! haha

yeah fishing has been tough lately.. not even the little schoolies were hitting. Although i did see a couple people at the fish clean with some trout.. and one guy with an LMB :Shocked:, cleaned and gutting it like it was no thang.. :mad:

Eat Sleep Fish
03-01-2009, 05:17 PM
tough bite out there. youll get em next outing!

pwynn
03-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Made it out with friends and family on the 16ft old cresty around 1230, the weather was balmy spring like 80F beutiful partly cloudy blu skies. Like pwynn said the week before, the water level is hi maybe max?, no water flowing in the inlet, Ran into another crestliner at the camping store getting ice, he said everyone he ran into people are getting skunked- Not a good sign.

We launch, the water looks like blueish, the type you see in front of a marie calenders or some joint like it, got a bad feeling already... Motored west metered lots of fish around 18-28feet. Had a few quick strikes using NC and some choves but nothing netted yet. Went to south shore and R2 area with no love, frustrating day...

Had a great picnic with fam and friends until we got kicked out at sun down. Oh well thats fishing, well try again another day....

sorry to hear vince i really think it had to do with the massive weather change. the water temp was almost 10 degrees higher this week.