PDA

View Full Version : Vine a Happy ending.................

mdttb
02-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Went to the vine on Thrusday 2/26 got to the lake 5 minutes before opening. Paid my dues at the gate once they opened. I was thinking of either going to go to the flats or hit the beach over by the boat ramp decided on the beach drove down there and there was already 4 guys sitting there. Elected to try the spot next to them since the week before I managed to get two trout at the spot the week before. Got my lines wet by 6:15. First fish of the day went to the guy sitting on the point it was a trout about 1 to 2 lbs.

The two guys next to him sat there for a few hours and had no joy. Only joy at their spot goes to the bird that was diving and munching on their nightcrawlers. Later in the day the little bugger started hitting my nightcrawlers was a good day for him getting free meals all day long.

The guy to my left had the spot of the day he limited out around 2 pm actually he limited out at around noon but he offered me a nice 3 pounder which I gadly took.

My day went well....... hooked into my first trout (1 to 1 1/2 lbs) around 9 am missed a few bites before that and that's when my spot got hot for the next hour or so. Next fish I caught was a bass about a pound or so released him. Rebaited and my other pole got hit 10 or 15 minutes later. Turned out to be another bass, bigger then the first one at least 2 1/2 lbs...... snapped a picture of him with my cell phone and let him go. Rest of my day I missed a few bites and dealt with that darn bird munching on my nightcrawlers.

I stayed until closing packed up my stuff and went down to the water to get my fish, pulled the stringer out of the water and the first trout I caught was still active as all heck, thrasing on the stringer. I know trout aren't catch and release but I had a big soft heart and elected to let him go. Took him off the stringer and gently put him back in the water and he swam off happily.

Tried posting this Friday but like a fool I closed the web page D'oh !!

Here's the only picture of the day.

crappiemike
02-28-2009, 10:01 AM
sounds like the water is warming just fine.. thnx for the report.

cm

Mondo21
03-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the report. Nice to know that they are biting. My sons and I will be visiting the Vine this coming week. Cindy:Big Grin:

Jbro
03-05-2009, 07:01 PM
No matter what they look like when you release them, that trout you released died no doubt as the gills are inevitably damaged by being on a stinger. Do everyone a favor and keep the fish. Patrick will kick your rear off the lake if he sees you release. No CPR at Irvine, pay and take only.