PDA

View Full Version : Dfg fyi...

craznazn
02-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Went to fish for tilapia at the Salton Sea...DFG was checking all of anglers for fishing licenses. She was a nice lady, just doing her job...however, this is the first time that I had a DFG warden check fishing AND driver's license to verify that everything is legit.

She gave several verbal warnings to those who didn't fill out their fishing license and made sure they were filled out while she waited.

Other than that...slow pickings today....

Laters....

smokinflies
02-28-2009, 03:34 PM
nice, the dfg is on patrol.

fishindude
02-28-2009, 11:21 PM
That's good. Now we can get more poachers busted.

Fish Dog
03-01-2009, 12:15 AM
They usually do check the driver's license with the fishing license. If they don't you could borrow your friend's license and use it, how would they know otherwise, there's no picture on the fishing license.

Manny
03-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Yup, I was at a local park last week and DFG rolled up to me and checked my license, checked for the second rod stamp and even opened up my tackle bag to check if I had stashed any extra feesh. They seem to be on it this year. This is the third time I have been checked in 2009. Only got hit up once in 2008. Money well spent instead of the huge fine.

smokinflies
03-01-2009, 02:37 AM
They usually do check the driver's license with the fishing license. If they don't you could borrow your friend's license and use it, how would they know otherwise, there's no picture on the fishing license.

there might no picture on the fishing license, but it does include info on your height, weight, eye and hair color, gender, and driver license #.

Fish Dog
03-01-2009, 09:24 AM
there might no picture on the fishing license, but it does include info on your height, weight, eye and hair color, gender, and driver license #.

Note, I underlined drivers license...another reason they check it.

So, for example, if my license says I'm male, 5-9, 160, brown hair, brown eyes and I loan it to my friend that is male, 5-8 (never seen a Warden or a cop for that matter take out a tape measure and measure your height), 175 (again, never seen a Warden or a cop carrying around a bathroom scale) has brown hair and eyes, what's left for someone who doesn't know either of us to tell us apart? Maybe the driver's license, with the picture on it? Hummmm.