PDA

View Full Version : Good local boat

Mister Twister
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Taking 4 rookies and and 2 that never fished salt.The rookies went out and bought 50# to 80# rigs, they think getting on a boat is hardcore deepwater,I need a boat where the deck hands are helpfull and take care of them. Also no games with gaffing and jackpots. I don't want to be working when I should be fishing. I have'nt been on local boat for 20 years, that's why I'am posting. I told them to get 20# set ups and they got the Blue water fever,over gunned and no clue.I have plenty of 2 0z leadheads, checking reports, it has not changed much.Thanks.

hakaveli
02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Taking 4 rookies and and 2 that never fished salt.The rookies went out and bought 50# to 80# rigs, they think getting on a boat is hardcore deepwater,I need a boat where the deck hands are helpfull and take care of them. Also no games with gaffing and jackpots. I don't want to be working when I should be fishing. I have'nt been on local boat for 20 years, that's why I'am posting. I told them to get 20# set ups and they got the Blue water fever,over gunned and no clue.I have plenty of 2 0z leadheads, checking reports, it has not changed much.Thanks.

Spitfire out of redondo sportfishing
3/4 day
$60

the crew are very helpful

Jackpot Jimmy
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
All the boats have jackpots, but they are completely optional. Yep, the Spitfire is a great choice. They'll be starting to go rockfishing on Sunday.

Mister Twister
02-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Spitfire out of redondo sportfishing
3/4 day
$60

the crew are very helpThanks,used to launch the old bonita boat out of there, torrance beach rocky point, that will work, thanks hakaveli, good price to!

ghetto dad
02-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Spitfire
Redondo Beach

Mister Twister
02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
All the boats have jackpots, but they are completely optional. Yep, the Spitfire is a great choice. They'll be starting to go rockfishing on Sunday. So I should pick up some 6-8-0z torpedo sinker? Not over 2 hundred feet deep, right? I have jig master 500-25#--junior squidder 15#-- light bass rod 12# I thought the sand bass bite was picking up.Thanks

hakaveli
02-27-2009, 09:52 PM
So I should pick up some 6-8-0z torpedo sinker? Not over 2 hundred feet deep, right? I have jig master 500-25#--junior squidder 15#-- light bass rod 12# I thought the sand bass bite was picking up.Thanks

8oz or more for 200+ feet

ghetto dad
02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
So I should pick up some 6-8-0z torpedo sinker? Not over 2 hundred feet deep, right? I have jig master 500-25#--junior squidder 15#-- light bass rod 12# I thought the sand bass bite was picking up.Thanks

I never said they arent going to fish bass...but RF opens back up sunday...so i can guarantee they will take advantage fo that.....

that gear you have is fine....damn, squidder jnr...i used to have a few of those....gear ratio is like 1:1.....

GD

ghetto dad
02-27-2009, 09:54 PM
to be honest with you, when i go rickfishing, i will bring torps in 4 oz-16 oz

GD

Mister Twister
02-27-2009, 10:18 PM
I never said they arent going to fish bass...but RF opens back up sunday...so i can guarantee they will take advantage fo that.....

that gear you have is fine....damn, squidder jnr...i used to have a few of those....gear ratio is like 1:1.....

GDSquidder is like new,bought it at Sav on tackle from Art Salter, I think late 1979, have sabre blank, first run, wrapped by Art. I almost bought his 16" alum boat then, but got a good deal on fiberglass 15''.Art was a great guy and a hell of a fisherman.One time I was bending a big buck rod and it snapped.He chased us out, but when we came back he still gave us 20% discount.Try to get a discount there now LOL

ghetto dad
02-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Squidder is like new,bought it at Sav on tackle from Art Salter, I think late 1979, have sabre blank, first run, wrapped by Art. I almost bought his 16" alum boat then, but got a good deal on fiberglass 15''.Art was a great guy and a hell of a fisherman.One time I was bending a big buck rod and it snapped.He chased us out, but when we came back he still gave us 20% discount.Try to get a discount there now LOL

lol...nice..i used to have Dave Bell wrap my rods....squidders and jigmasters were the bomg

Mister Twister
02-27-2009, 10:37 PM
lol...nice..i used to have Dave Bell wrap my rods....squidders and jigmasters were the bomgDude, I just bought cheap ambassador reel and fenwick trigger stick.First rod and reel I got for a long time,except for trout gear. I take care of my stuff.Clean and wd40,into ziplock bag.What reel would compare to penn 500, for under 100$