PDA

View Full Version : SARL 2/27 Daytime

hugo c
02-27-2009, 05:44 PM
A little heads-up to the bros. I fished SARL for trout today. This was the first time that I've fished trout there in 7 years. (I fished catfish a few times last summer at night and caught limits.)

Long story short -- the fishing was lame. Caught one trout in 5 hours. Water is highly stained. But, the weather was great and the shoreline isn't muddy. It was simply lethargic fishing. Boring. I saw very few fish caught.

Only one dude had them dialed. He was in the "lucky spot" on the sandy beach at the back of the main lake. He only hucked his bait about 20 feet and was doing well on "yellow Power Bait" and 2 lb. test. He simply lucked out with his spot. Most were sleeping or reading by 2 PM. :Crying:

My advice: Fish it at night only with scent and some form of glow PB. I'm going to try it again one night next week.

I kind of like this little pit. Convenient, though it is getting a tad pricey.

Catch your limit. Try the night bite......................

Eat Sleep Fish
03-01-2009, 05:07 PM
A little heads-up to the bros. I fished SARL for trout today. This was the first time that I've fished trout there in 7 years. (I fished catfish a few times last summer at night and caught limits.)

Long story short -- the fishing was lame. Caught one trout in 5 hours. Water is highly stained. But, the weather was great and the shoreline isn't muddy. It was simply lethargic fishing. Boring. I saw very few fish caught.

Only one dude had them dialed. He was in the "lucky spot" on the sandy beach at the back of the main lake. He only hucked his bait about 20 feet and was doing well on "yellow Power Bait" and 2 lb. test. He simply lucked out with his spot. Most were sleeping or reading by 2 PM. :Crying:

My advice: Fish it at night only with scent and some form of glow PB. I'm going to try it again one night next week.

I kind of like this little pit. Convenient, though it is getting a tad pricey.

Catch your limit. Try the night bite......................

...so....whats new? lol