PDA

View Full Version : Lake Balboa Park with results & pics

B@$$[P][M][P]
02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Went to a new lake today LAKE BALBOA PARK in Encino CA, we were using carp bait showed up arround 9:00 am fished near the boat/lifeguard station. The carp mix consisted of corn meal, maza and some other powdery stuff not sure what that was. no bites till arround 10:15 my brother was using 10lb trilene with a 1/2oz wait attached directly to the swivel along with (4) OWNER Mosquito hooks, and brought in the only catch of the day nice 14lb CARP.

troutdog
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Nice job on the brown bass, good to see the carp active at Balboa....did you happen to notice if the tilapia are still biting or did they shut off yet? Thanks for the feedback.

TD

trashetanush
02-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow, I live right near balboa and have been there quite a few times but never knew that it has fish like that. What other fish does it have? Also, thx for the report.

Mondo21
02-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Nice size carp. Thanks for the report. Cindy:Big Grin:

B@$$[P][M][P]
02-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Nice job on the brown bass, good to see the carp active at Balboa....did you happen to notice if the tilapia are still biting or did they shut off yet? Thanks for the feedback.

TD

didnt see any tilapia but I heard they are still there and active.

B@$$[P][M][P]
02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Wow, I live right near balboa and have been there quite a few times but never knew that it has fish like that. What other fish does it have? Also, thx for the report.

All I heard was carp/cats/tilapia

Hitts0n
02-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Thats one this Balboa lake has is huge carp ! Congrats on the catch ! Maybe one day i'll form my squad up of Team S.D.C and we will go on a carp killing spree!:Twisted:

Owner626
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
[M][P];314581']Went to a new lake today LAKE BALBOA PARK in Encino CA, we were using carp bait showed up arround 9:00 am fished near the boat/lifeguard station. The carp mix consisted of corn meal, maza and some other powdery stuff not sure what that was. no bites till arround 10:15 my brother was using 10lb trilene with a 1/2oz wait attached directly to the swivel along with (4) OWNER Mosquito hooks, and brought in the only catch of the day nice 14lb CARP.

Acually that was my first Carp Ever......

CL SmooV
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
nice job @ balboa....

thats the largest ive seen there.

did you toss him back?

Owner626
10-11-2009, 09:55 PM
nice job @ balboa....

thats the largest ive seen there.

did you toss him back?

Catch And Release :)
You Already Kno

Ray Lopez
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Tilapia
Carp
Might still have some catfish
not sure if there is still a bass population
also you have a chance at catching some random exotic fish from someones aqaurium.

Last week i saw some mexican dude grab a royal pocatumus (sp?) with his bare hands right from shore. Pacu is the lake record too haha.

You really never know what you might catch there.

Back in the 90's tho you could catch, largemouth bass, trout, bluegill, carp, and catfish. They actully used to stock trout there back then. But once the tilapia were introduced (whoevers bright idea that was i'll never know) they just smashed all the other fish out of that lake. I'm guessing they populated soooo much they just over took the other food sourses and were eating the guppies b-4 they had a chance to get to any size. Don't get me wrong i love catching 200 to 300 tilapia in a day but i do miss all the other fish.

fishinone
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
That's a nice Carp on 10 lb line.

Those carp fight well.

Owner626
10-12-2009, 04:05 PM
That's a nice Carp on 10 lb line.

Those carp fight well.

Yeah they put up A fight alright..except for all the chinese people trying to taker it from me .. giving offers lol!....

they get all sad when they see me releasing it back into the lake.....LMAO

Ray Lopez
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah they put up A fight alright..except for all the chinese people trying to taker it from me .. giving offers lol!....

they get all sad when they see me releasing it back into the lake.....LMAO

hell yea they do hahahaha. I used to feed the egrets around the shore with tilapia but when someone would ask me if they could have it i would gladly say no and then throw it at a bird for their dinner hahaha. I'm such an ***** lol

carpanglerdude
10-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Awesome catch, score on the carp. Glad you let him go to get bigger, heh

aoessand
10-12-2009, 10:22 PM
nice another Monrovia fisherman on this site haha nice!