PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 2/26...

Skyler
02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Hit up the main lake from shore for striper or whatever would bite. Soaked crawlers on a dropper all day, and threw various lures to no avail. The lake is at full pool, and the water is CLEAR. I'm talkiing 20+ foot visibility with polarized glasses. Saw some trout and bass swimming into the coves, but no linesides. All in all, a nice long day of sitting on shore drinking beer and waiting for the bite that never came. I'm gonna head out there again tommorrow in search of trout. Hopefully I won't get a double serving of roast skunk, lol. Tight lines.

-Skyler

Seng90806
02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
thanks for the update...heading out there pretty soon myself :LOL:

Skyler
02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
thanks for the update...heading out there pretty soon myself :LOL:

No problem. The water is quite cold. Too cold for striper still. I'm sure in a month or two the striper will start to come in shallow again though. Then let the slay begin! Tight lines.

CHUCKY
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
the wind was blowing hard too.

Hitts0n
02-27-2009, 07:08 PM
I hate fishing in the wind.I can do rain,but not wind.Thanks for the update.

Mojave River Angler
02-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm heading out there tomorrow (28th) to do a littel fishing and picnic/hike around with the family. I thought I'd try for trout with PB first in various flavors and then as desparation sets in I'll just start throwing out whatever. I did pick up a few new things to throw out, so I'll practice a bit with those. Mabye I'll get some worms while I'm there, but I doubt I'll have more than three hours of fishing in before the family goes nuts. I'll report back.

chris
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
nice job getting out. We'll hit the salt soon pm sent

Astrolux
02-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah the action at Silverwood has been pretty slow for myself lately. I think Im gonna head on up in the morning to see what i can do, if the warden lets me.

trail blazer
02-28-2009, 07:20 AM
im sure that lake will be picking up soon bro!!!!
sipping on beer by the lake =TIME WELL SPENT

seal
02-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Well the trout are biting, but they don't seem to be hitting bait very well. I've been getting them consistently on fly's.

Good Luck!

steve092
02-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the report.

I'll be out there tomorrow so hopefully I can catch something.

BULLDOGBOOGERS
03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
some of the guys & i went out to silverwood..... early saturday morning.... 5 boats in all.... we fished till 2:30 ... for cats,bass,trout and even did some trolling for those stripers..... we all got skunked... all of our boats have fish finders...... we did see lots of fish... but most of them were in deep water.

scott "aka" bulldogboogers

Mojave River Angler
03-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Went up for about 3 hours on Saturday. I saw plenty of people fishing, but the general report was little or no action. I saw a guy pull out a 1.5 lb largemouth and heard another guy in a boat mention a similar fish he caught. Other than that...we just soaked bait. Nobody at all with trout.

Hey, it was just like fishing the Mojave River in Barstow:ROFL:

Skyler
03-04-2009, 08:52 AM
UPDATE: Went back up there on saturday and hiked my trout gear into Miller Canyon. I managed 3 nice keeper trout, one 17", and I missed a few bites as well. Not too bad I guess. Just not what I normally expect of Silverwood. Can't wait for the striper to wake up though, he he. Tight lines.

-Skyler