PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for gear?

jplee3
02-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering, as I need to insure some camera gear, etc., but do any of you insure your fishing gear? If so, how do you go about doing it? Homeowners? PAF (Personal Article Floater)?

Just curious to know who out there's doing it and if it's advisable.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Ricky-Ray
02-27-2009, 12:10 PM
It should fall under your home owner's policy. I did add it to my policy for some of my gear but not everything.

jplee3
02-27-2009, 12:18 PM
It should fall under your home owner's policy. I did add it to my policy for some of my gear but not everything.

Prob the more expensive stuff eh? I'm thinking my more expensive reels/rods should go under the policy.

Koshaw
02-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Also remember, some of the higher(highest) ticket items of Shimano (rods and reels) fall under free replacement for life for ANY DARN REASON.

Like the Stellas...you pay 200-800 bux for one and they will repair or replace that sucker for LIFE ie YOUR life heh or your kids lives...

You can drop it off a clife, run over it with a steam roller, drop it in cement, etc...

So you buy it ONCE and thats IT.

The Shimano Corporation is in Irvine and they do bang up service...sometimes while you wait!

If your model is old and not in existance any more they give you a darn upgrade free!

And hell, at 16 ball bearings (a shitpot), a Stella gives you superior smoothness and power... and a lifetime warranty is just icing on the cake.

Ricky-Ray
02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Prob the more expensive stuff eh? I'm thinking my more expensive reels/rods should go under the policy.

Exactly..... $20 trout setup that I get a Turners... I'm not gonna bother with the paperwork. It's quicker for me to just go and buy a new one.

$500 reels and rods.... yeah I want those on the policy. It would cost an arm and a leg and then some if I had to replace those. :Wink:

a biley
02-27-2009, 10:53 PM
$500 reels and rods.... yeah I want those on the policy. It would cost an arm and a leg and then some if I had to replace those. :Wink:

haha i should insure my cumara/core combo then