PDA

View Full Version : What the heck Manny????

pc318
02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I've had enough of Manny and Boras. If they think they can get a better offer from another team, then go ahead. I mean cmon, how greedy can you get? I guess dodgers will be stuck with Pierre this season in left. Yea!

Seng90806
02-27-2009, 01:13 AM
manny playing games...sign already!!!

troutdog
02-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Pretty darn frustrating, but I think it will all pan out in the end and manny will be wearing Dodger Blue this year. As a Dodger fan I of course want manny to sign, but if he thinks he can get 3 years somewhere else than be my guest.

TD

KaliDawgFan
02-27-2009, 05:12 AM
I've been saying since the get-go to offer two years with a third year option.

SoCalGuy7
02-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Sometimes the media doesn't explain everything.......

He'll probably go to LA, nobody else wants him.....

The Dodgers offered Manny Ramirez a two-year, $45-million contract that included a player option to void the second year.
Ramirez's agent, Scott Boras, countered by proposing a two-year, $45-million contract that included a player option to void the second year.
So why isn't the deal done?

The reason is in the fine print, according to a baseball source familiar with the negotiations who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the two sides are still working toward a deal.
What Dodgers General Manager Ned Colletti confirmed on Thursday is that by agreeing to the club's offer, Ramirez would've earned $25 million this season and another $20 million in 2010 by exercising the player option for the second year.

What Colletti didn't mention, the source said, is that most of Ramirez's salary would've been deferred. Two other sources previously told The Times that the proposed deal included deferred payments.
Under the terms of the contract that Ramirez was offered by the Dodgers on Wednesday, he would've received $10 million this year. And by exercising the option for the second year, he would've received $10 million in 2010.

Ramirez, who turns 37 in May, would've been paid the remaining $25 million over the next three years without any added interest. He would've received $10 million in 2011, $10 million in 2012 and $5 million in 2013.
When making his counteroffer, Boras requested that none of the money be deferred.

Dodgers spokesman Josh Rawitch declined to comment on Thursday when asked about how much of Ramirez's salary would've been deferred under the Dodgers' proposal, saying owner Frank McCourt's statement in the club's news release would be the only comments about Ramirez that night.
The Dodgers took a swipe at Boras in a strongly worded statement they issued Thursday night to report that the free-agent outfielder had rejected the two-year, $45-million offer the team made Wednesday.

That prompted a response from the Boras camp, which released a statement of its own saying that it was waiting for a response from the Dodgers about the two counterproposals it made Thursday, the most recent being for $45 million over two years.
Boras said he never rejected the Dodgers' offer.

"They asked me to respond to them and I gave them a counterproposal within the framework of the structure we had agreed upon," Boras said.
The electronic firestorm was started by the Dodgers, who sent a mass e-mail with a subject line that read, "Boras Rejects Dodgers Offer to Manny Ramirez."

"The Dodgers today received a letter from Scott Boras, the agent for Manny Ramirez, rejecting the offer that the club made yesterday," the release read. "This rejection is the fourth by the agent in the club's attempts to sign Manny.""

DarkShadow
02-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Sometimes the media doesn't explain everything.......

He'll probably go to LA, nobody else wants him.....

Soooo, he's not a rental then?

SoCalGuy7
02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Soooo, he's not a rental then?

Somehow, I knew you'd be the first one to reply...as usual.

He WAS a rental !

I believe if the economy hadn't taken a drastic turn he would have ended up somewhere else.

There isn't a market for 36 year olds at 25 Million per, right now. I'd love to see him sit it out and embarrass himself, I puke every time when they talk about Manny they show that stupid clip of him smiling, sitting on the doyer bench, looking at the camera and wearing his blue head cover..seriously, don't they have other clips?

Nobody else wants him, and nobody on the doyers can hit, it's a match made in "heaven"...:ROFL:

DarkShadow
02-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Nobody else wants him, and nobody on the doyers can hit, it's a match made in "heaven"...:ROFL:

So no, he's not a rental.

Thanks!