PDA

View Full Version : Lake Skinner Construction

makersmark
02-26-2009, 03:42 PM
my company is submitting a bid soon for the Lake Skinner construction project, thought I would let anyone who fishes this lake regularly know that from 7/9/09 to 3/11/10 there is going to be some major construction going on at the lake, they are working on parking lots, roads, trails, underground water, electric and sewer lines ect. and a few other amenities. Just a heads up to the regulars and vacation planners.

JENSEN500
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
mwd has got it all wrong!!!!!!

FIX THE LAUNCH RAMP AT DVL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY NEED TO STOP DUMPING MONEY INTO SKINNER WHEN THEY HAVEN'T FULFILLED THIER COMMITMENT TO THE SPORTSMAN AND RESIDENTS OF HEMET.

MAN I CANT WAIT 'TIL THIER NEXT PUBLIC MEETING!

WE ALL NEED TO BOMBARD THIER MEETING HALL AND SPEAK UP AGAINST THIS B.S.THEY HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO ALL OF US!

dodoman
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
my company is submitting a bid soon for the Lake Skinner construction project, thought I would let anyone who fishes this lake regularly know that from 7/9/09 to 3/11/10 there is going to be some major construction going on at the lake, they are working on parking lots, roads, trails, underground water, electric and sewer lines ect. and a few other amenities. Just a heads up to the regulars and vacation planners.

sure like to get more details on this subject.
WHAT exactly are you ( company ) going to do with the water?
IS the lake staying open under construction?
any underwater construction, as in earth moving equipt INVOLVED?

Troutman65
02-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I am sure those improvements are long over do. And after they are done Skinner will be that much nicer:Big Grin:

makersmark
02-27-2009, 08:46 AM
sure like to get more details on this subject.
WHAT exactly are you ( company ) going to do with the water?
IS the lake staying open under construction?
any underwater construction, as in earth moving equipt INVOLVED?

As far as I know the lake shouldn't be touched during construction, its more upgrading the parking lots, roads, trails and underground electrical, sewer and water lines as well as some other amenities. I am not sure if the lake usage will be interrupted during the construction, there was no mention of that. I would imagine that they will keep the lake open, but may close down some/all campsites but I am not 100% sure, as soon as I hear more I will let you guys know. I wouldn't be planning a camping trip there this summer though.
Tight Lines

GdHkSet1
02-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up, sometimes we do a overnighter there.

makersmark
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
a little more info,

this project is ran by the Riverside County Regional Park & Open-Space District, and is being funded through Development Impact Fees.

The project will include the following new features: A splash pad, an outdoor amphitheater, parking lots, roads, and multi-purpose trails. The new roads and walking paths will tie the existing paths to the new features. New underground electrical, domestic water and sewer lines will be installed for new park features. New irrigation lines will be provided throughout the areas of improvement and will be connected to the irrigation system. The duration of the construction contract will be 8 months 3 weeks.

Hope that clears up the water district confusion. Tight lines.

ddoskocil
03-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the Skinner updates - please keep them coming, since most of us with boats will be fishing more at Skinner because of the DVL mess.