PDA

View Full Version : Havasu report & beaver shot!!!

JENSEN500
02-25-2009, 07:34 PM
MY 7 YR OLD SON (BRANDON) AND I GOT TO THE LAKE ABOUT 8:30 AM MONDAY WITH HIGH HOPES. LAUNCHED AT CATTAIL COVE AND WENT TO A BEACH ACROSS FROM 3 DUNES AND BEGAN TO SET UP CAMP. LOOKED BEHIND THE BOAT AND SAW 2 SMALLIES ABOUT 2 1/2 LB EA. TIED A DS AND THREW OUT. THEY CHASED BUT WOULDN'T COMMIT :( BRANDON TRIED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR THEN GAVE UP. WE THREW OUT A POLE WITH ANCHOVIE WHILE SETTING UP AND GOT A NICE CHANNEL CAT (RELEASED). NOT A BITE REST OF THE DAY.WE TROLLED,DRIFTED,WORMED,CRANKED,JERKED,DOUGH BALLED,SQUIDED,NIGHT CRAWLERED AND ANCHOVIED TIL I COULDN'T DO MORE.WENT BACK TO CAMP AND BRANDON MANAGED 1 SMALL STRIPER AND A NICE BLUE GILL. NEXT DAY,AS DEAD AS THE FIRST! TIL LAST NIGHT MANAGED ANOTHER SMALL STRIPER,1 SMALL BLUE GILL AND ABOUT 3.5 LB FLAT HEAD.
SLOW FOR FISHING BUT PRICELESS FOR TIME WITH MY SON! I THINK IT IS ABOUT 2 WEEKS EARLY FOR THE SMALLIES TO MOVE UP. STRIPER ARE UNUSUALLY SSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! ! FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR.
WISH THERE WAS MORE TO REPORT,BUT TILL NEXT TIME (APRIL 3-6 AND EVERY OTHER WEEK AFTER ) TIGHT LINES TO All!!

jeff

flat man
02-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Was wondering if you knew what the water temp was? I'm heading out there this weekend.

JENSEN500
02-26-2009, 07:55 AM
very cold!!! dont know exact,but i would guess about 58-60. cold enough that the smallies arent staged yet.all could change in a matter of a couple weeks.looking for the bass bite to go off by mid march though. can't wait.

good luck out there, jeff

RRTGuy
02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey man tough luck on the bite but like you said priceless time with the kid. Shoot me a PM when ya come out this way again, I live down in Bullhead City and I could shoot up there sometime and fish with ya. Had a little luck last week at mohave with the smallies but only managed 2 in 4 hours. I agree that mid march will be off the chain!!!

Tight Lines

CHRIS

JENSEN500
02-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Hey man tough luck on the bite but like you said priceless time with the kid. Shoot me a PM when ya come out this way again, I live down in Bullhead City and I could shoot up there sometime and fish with ya. Had a little luck last week at mohave with the smallies but only managed 2 in 4 hours. I agree that mid march will be off the chain!!!

Tight Lines

CHRIS

will do bro. we will be down there ATLAEST every other weekend starting april 4th. our rental lease starts then and goes until aug.31. we will be there most of may for the striper derby for sure. march and april are unbelievable for the bass bite for sure!!!!CANT WAIT!!

tight lines,jeff

bassn1960
02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
great pictures jeff---i new he'd outfish you---just like striper chick! that's the first time i've seen your new boat--AWESOME!I think i'm taking garrett out to dv and rent a boat when he comes out next week.you intresrted in going?

Ambassadorhawg
02-26-2009, 07:32 PM
NICE BEAVER!! Those things bite HARD! My brother-in-law was attached by a beaver a few years ago at Powell. It swam up to him and sunk it's chompers into his back which left a bad welt.

I think the dogs were teasing the poor beaver and my bro-in-law was in the wrong place at the wrong time!

OUCH!!!

I will be up at havasu with my family on the week of April 13.

JENSEN500
02-27-2009, 05:54 AM
NICE BEAVER!! Those things bite HARD! My brother-in-law was attached by a beaver a few years ago at Powell. It swam up to him and sunk it's chompers into his back which left a bad welt.

I think the dogs were teasing the poor beaver and my bro-in-law was in the wrong place at the wrong time!

OUCH!!!

I will be up at havasu with my family on the week of April 13.

i figured they were mean (the beavers) but my son has no fear and was trying to get it and pick him up!

when i say no fear i mean it! hes 7 and already pulled off a "superman" on his dirt bike! i dont think it was entirely on purpose,but he did land it!

thats the last thing i needed was to take him home to his mom all mauled up by a beaver,not good!

we will be there the 11th or the 18th. not sure.

good luck
jeff