PDA

View Full Version : New to the area of Blythe

dkeck
02-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I visited the Colorado River near Blythe for the fist time two weeks ago. We fell in love with the beauty and farmland. We left out trailer in Arizona and intend to visit every weekend until June. I tried fishing for some wiskers last week but the water was swift. I'm a shore fisherman at this time and realy had difficulty finding some deep holes that were excessable from a cast. Is there anyone willing to give me some help? If you have a hot spot that your willing to share e-mail me. I am going again this weekend.

Vulture
02-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Go north on 2nd Ave all the way towards the river. Follow the dirt road until you see a section of the road that dips down then back up. Just 50 yards past that you can park and walk down to the river. Wide open space to camp and fish. You know ur there by the cable with red balls over the river. Your going to need rod holders.
Stink bait for channels. Live bait for flatheads. Use 3 or 4 oz flat sinker. The current will pull ur weight down stream but you should catch a few there. I fish there from a boat and catch a bunch of channels. A few flatheads every now and then.
Hope this helps.

fullstringer
02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Check out April 25th- flathead fever 1. few threads below yours, get to know the river a little better with these guys.

Vulture
02-26-2009, 10:40 PM
I forgot to tell you. Check out the BOC at catfishing1.com. Read the "Gathering" section. A few folks heading that way in June for the Az/CA Colorado gathering. Try to make plans to attend this would be our forth annual gathering. Good peps who are not afraid to share tips, locations and boats....if there is any space. We fish all day and all night. This depends all on you. Heck in June it gets pretty warm, some guys swim then nap then eat before going back out at night.

dkeck
03-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks for your help. Your help was good advice. We caught a few flatheads in about one hour but the bite shut down when the water level dropped 12 inches in one hour. CRAZY! No more bites for two hours so we packed our gear and hit the pool for a late night soak and a relaxing beverage.

Thanks Again

bluehunter
03-03-2009, 08:20 PM
There are quite a few places to get flatheads from the bank that have slack water and is not as swift as the main river. The canals are actually the better bet from the bank. Let me know next time you go. As mentioned earlier there is an event April 25th. Plus there will be a seminar on how to fish the local areas as well as tips. Similar to the seminar I did last May.

B