PDA

View Full Version : Learning vinyl lettering my boat the hard way!

FishWisher
02-25-2009, 01:59 PM
In the past I've applied small letters with the dry technique with so-so results. But on the first try, I screwed up the large letters of the name for my new NR boat pretty badly.

On my second try - after buying another sign, I finally got my vinyl lettering of "FishWisher" applied. Having screwed it up badly the first try, I learned about using soapy water to apply the letters, then used that technique. It worked quite easily!

Dale

fishfinder
02-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Thats a boat to be proud of.

FishWisher
03-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks, Fishfinder.

Also, I've added another sign to the rig, a bit of personal philosophy here: http://fishwisher.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!760CF1850A11394!298.entry

It's the 2nd photo down. ;-)

Dale
www.FishWisher.com

aboos
03-01-2009, 08:55 PM
looks good FW.

i used to apply decals on race cars (from small words to full car wraps) and soap and water is your best friend. so much easier than doing it dry. if you had any little mishaps (bubbles or creases or what not) or questions, shoot me a PM and ill try to help you out!

Joshua
03-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Id be very careful using soapy water The soapy water will dilute the adhesive on the vinyl decals. My parent own a sign shop and i have installed 100s of square feet of decals. I have never used soapy water.
If you (or anyone ) needs vinyl decals or digital prints. I can hook you up!!:Spam:

You might considered spraying a clear coat over the decals? Again maybe NOT

BingJr
03-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I absolutely love your website and tips on the rig. She is gorgeous.