PDA

View Full Version : have you ever tackled a super scorpion?

matt duarte
02-25-2009, 08:35 AM
well me and 3 friends did last night at akinas in woodcrest for my 24th birthday! check this bad boy out!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/scorpion.jpg
this thing had every some of every bottle they had on the shelf topped off with some 151 and lit of fire! it was pretty nuts but we finished it! i have the empty pic but photobucket didnt upload it for some reason... the drink defently kicks you in the rear...every time i burp all i taste is that damn drink! o and the big drink was 35$! ouch

chris
02-25-2009, 09:52 AM
thats a big drink happy birthday

troutdog
02-25-2009, 10:12 AM
That did not cure my hangover.:LOL:..happy 24th Matt.

TD

candyman
02-25-2009, 10:29 AM
That looks pretty insane dude!!! How many did it take to finish it? I hope that tasted pretty damn good, and for 35 bucks thats not bad at all man. Happy 24th!!

matt duarte
02-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Haha thanks guys me and my bro in law and good buddy ron tackled it, my wife got down with it to lol we all were taking drinks of it here and there and it wasnt even putting a dent in it so we all had to just chug it all at the same time to make it go down lol...all i can say is we were the last ones there suprised they didnt kick us out lol i think they wanted to see if we could finish it haha they said plenty of people have puked trying to finish it....but we were victorious in our battle with booze haha...woke up this morning a lil drunk and hungover...im pretty good now..still taste it though haha

thanks for all the happy bdays guys ill post the finished pic at my lunch lol

MAVERICK27
02-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Happy B-Day Matt! Never seen those, but Sharkey's has the "shark attack" try it one of these days, comes with s little plastic shark :) They wont sell it to you unless you have a party of three or more haha

matt duarte
02-25-2009, 12:10 PM
dang i know where theres a sharkys in hemet i might hae to try that one out sometime haha...well heres the finished product of our drunkness lol
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/finishedscorpion.jpg
like i always say we drink it for the taste, getting drunk is just what happens haha
thanks again for all the happy bdays guys!

BakoBassin
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
We used to get something similar at a place called Mandarin Palace <---I think that was the name...in Lakewood. We'd share it between 3 people.

BIGRED KILLA
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
MMMM back wash tasty.

Bigred

NoHo ART
02-25-2009, 01:28 PM
happy b-day bro :Beer Toast:

LateFisher
02-25-2009, 01:31 PM
OOHHHH TO BE YOUNG AND DUMB AGAIN :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: I REALLY MISS THOSE DAYS. ANYWAY HAPPY 24th MATT

Wingnut
02-25-2009, 02:35 PM
OOHHHH TO BE YOUNG AND DUMB AGAIN :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: I REALLY MISS THOSE DAYS. ANYWAY HAPPY 24th MATT

You meant young and "numb" don't you John? :Wink:

I remember consuming one of these (not by myself) at one of my college Toga parties oh so long ago. :LOL:

Happy Birthday Matt. :Cool:

Troutman65
02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
MMMM back wash tasty.

Bigred

:ROFL:

Happy B-Day Matt

HBJapo
02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Happy B-day Matt! Mine was Monday.

HBJapo :Envious: (Joe)

socalrippin
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
yep that was good!!!! glad ron drank most of it though. no hang over for me!!!

KaliDawgFan
02-25-2009, 06:12 PM
git-r-done can polish one of those off in the time it takes you to walk from your car to Corona's bait shop and back.

SkipperDick
02-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Happy 24th Matt!

SkipperDick

Ronira
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Happy Birthdat Matt dawg!! :Beer Toast:

matt duarte
02-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Thanks for all the happy bdays guys! Hey ron were you out at perris on saturday? Thought i say your toon out there...

Ronira
02-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks for all the happy bdays guys! Hey ron were you out at perris on saturday? Thought i say your toon out there...
Wasn't me dawg, we should get out there with TJ soon though. It's about to go off!! :Big Grin:

matt duarte
02-26-2009, 08:27 AM
defently dude! i havent seen you in forever! hows the lil one doing? i defently need to get a trolling motor now that you and TJ have one...dont want to be left in the wakes haha

baadfish69
02-26-2009, 10:48 AM
While I was stationed in Florida back in the early 90's, a bunch of us would go to several places, ordering those. (All walking distance by the way) It was called "Scorpion Bowling".

I dont recall ever being more drunk than after Scorpion Bowling.

Ronira
02-26-2009, 11:24 AM
defently dude! i havent seen you in forever! hows the lil one doing? i defently need to get a trolling motor now that you and TJ have one...dont want to be left in the wakes haha
Lil ones doin great bro, 5 years old and he can cast a spinning rig pretty well. He takes tai quan do classes 3 times a week is looking forward to the day he can kick my axx. Don't worry about the motor dawg, we can tie you in the middle and cruise to the spots. :Razz:

matt duarte
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
haha right on dude! glad to hear his pickin up a pole earily! fo sho will pontoon barge it again haha

Headhunter
02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Man....it has been a LONG time since I have had a Scorpion. Probably 20 years.

I remember going up to Santa Barbara for the weekend once, and eating at Don the Beachcombers with some friends. They only allowed you ONE Scorpion. I had my own Scorpion, then my Wife's Scorpion, and then her friend's Scorpion.

The last thing I remember was getting up to dance. After that, the NEXT thing I remember was waking up the next morning, face-down in the sand on the beach across the street, no shirt on but I was wearing a tie around my neck, I had a snickers bar in one hand, and a 7-Eleven Burrito in the other.

Those were the days..... :)