PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite braided line?

Skyler
02-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I've tryed spider wire, ugly braid, and fireline. I like fireline the best so far. Been thinking of picking up some Power Pro or Suffix. Which of the two (or any other braid) do you prefer and why? Thanks.

-Skyler

Sir Catchalot
02-24-2009, 04:58 PM
My 2 favorites are Spider Wire Invisabraid and the new Stren Sonic Braid. As long as you use a palomar the knot strenth on both is great. While Spider Wire Invisabraid is more opaque than invisable underwater it is still less visable than standard braids in clear water. Stren's Sonic Braid is just tough as nails and is great in stained or green water.

calico killer kevin
02-24-2009, 04:59 PM
PowerPro is a great line with lots of choices for lb. test, but I would rather
have Sufix. Sufix is the best braid I've ever used. No memory, low twist,
very strong, low backlash, and very resistant to chaffing. I use this line for
basically everything and it has not let me down yet. The only thing that I
can think of off the top of my head is that every once in a while I get wind
knots, but still not very often. Great line. Powerpro would be #2.

Vulture
02-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Really dont fish braid much but last year I started to use Power Pro for big flatheads. I busted a rod when I set the hook. That was my fault, I forgot to back off on the drag. So far Power Pro is #1 in my book. The price is right compared to Suffix and other brands.

tmartin
02-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Izorline and or jerry brown spectra is all I use. Both aren't wax coated and last longer than most other braids I have used.

calico killer kevin
02-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Izorline and or jerry brown spectra is all I use. Both aren't wax coated and last longer than most other braids I have used.
Still haven't seen the end of my braids, so I don't know how long they last.:LOL:

cappo
02-24-2009, 09:57 PM
JB Hollow right OL.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Im sure the members ,who know me now, know im hands down , for crystal fire line . Mine is still going strong ,even on my salt water applications, over 3 yrs now. Its on all my setups ,except my fly rods of course. I tried the other brands, and was not impressed. Other than discoloration the crystal cast great with my spinning ,and conventional.crap i think when it gets discolored its not as visible in the water.

Cangler
02-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Im sure the members ,who know me now, know im hands down , for crystal fire line . Mine is still going strong ,even on my salt water applications, over 3 yrs now. Its on all my setups ,except my fly rods of course. I tried the other brands, and was not impressed. Other than discoloration the crystal cast great with my spinning ,and conventional.crap i think when it gets discolored its not as visible in the water.

I totally agree !

One tip i have found out ...Underloading the spool stops any line
twisting