PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Valley pigs with Art berry

Pez Gringo
02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
My first post but I have been reading all the stories for some time. Could not wait to get out on Diamond Valley and learn how to get the big fish. I usually fish my own boat but have had hit or miss success at this lake. 3 of us fished with Art Berry on a pontoon Friday (Eric, Dave, & Joe). All of us had experience but not with throwing the swimbaits. The reason we picked Art is his ability to teach the techniques that will make you a better fisherman when you are on your own.
First fish was BIG on the troll that broke me off in the rocks. This fish was pulling 17# test like a yellowtail so I assume it was a striper. Next was a 4 pounder on the same technique before heading down to the West end for more casting. Had a double hook up around 2pm. One on the Huddleston and one on Senko. Eric got the 7.5 pound Senko fish on 4 lb test! Joe's Huddleston fish looked like it could have swallowed the other bass but fell off just 3 feet from landing it. What a heartbreak!! An hour later Joe hooked and lost another monster that hit the Huddleston. Another fight and another lost fish at the boat. Looked to be in the 10-12 pound range. Two casts later in the same area landed a 5 pounder. This experience has given me the confidence that the big fish are there. Just gotta know how to get 'em. A couple lost fish away from having the most spectacular day of fishing in our lives. Thanks Art Berry for a fantastic day on the water.

Pez Gringo (Dave)

ddoskocil
02-24-2009, 01:44 PM
What a day - I'm almost ready to get out there with Art! I'm so jealous. Thanks for the report. Starting to get warmer!!!

fishntime
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
He** ya! I need to get a buddy to get out with me and do some fishing with Art!

SeaSick17
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
How do you get a hold of art and what is his rate?

snag
02-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice going out there and great report.

I wouldn't know squat about that lake had I not taken the opportunity to use Art's guide service. He's a good dude and really works his tail off at putting you on the fish, let alone sharing valuable info.

I'm hoping to get out there soon myself on another trip with him.

Thanks again for the report.

ART HILL
02-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Is there anyone who puts more fisherman on big fish than Art Berry. I think not. And to think he does this from a rental pontoon boat. Imagine what he can do from a Ranger 520. Once again Art, great job.