PDA

View Full Version : Planning to go to apollo lake

sf-nightmare
02-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone, im a pretty new fisherman, and a friend and i want to go to apollo park lake. Can anyone help me with any suggestions on what to use for bait, and how to fish in the lake. I dont really know much any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Uneekguy27
02-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Well that all depends on what type of methods you like to use! Do you like to bait and wait or use your skills with the lures?

sf-nightmare
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
i usually just put some power bait and wait, but my luck is usually very bad.

HBJapo
02-25-2009, 02:51 PM
i usually just put some power bait and wait, but my luck is usually very bad.

sf-nightmare,

What is perceived as bad luck can be overcome with a run on your skills and an ability to be flexible. Vary your leader lengths, try some scents, and most impotantly, go with some light line, if you're not comfortable with srtaight 2 lb, use 4 lb and attach a 2 lb leader. Also, vary your spots, don't bait an wait from the same spot all day, unless you're having success. There are many variables that can take a "bad luck" day and make it avery successful one.

Keep asking questions, even after you feel your luck has chnged some, you will get a lifetime worth of info here.

Best of luck,

Japo :Envious:

vanillagurilla
02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
ive fished there quite a bit and use 12-14" leader (2lb always) with a small split shot and try salmon egg power bait. also if its slow flyline a night crawler about half of one will do. cast it out and let it fall. if it dosnt get bit reel it in super slow and cast it out agian. i only like to fish 3 spots at that lake. 1 is right near the parking lot. anywhere on that corner is good. 2. just to the right of the dock and only cast about 10 feet past the dock. 3 is about half way down the pier. good luck! also try jigs. i was catching 100+ fish a day last year on jigs.

dross99_si
02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
ive fished there quite a bit and use 12-14" leader (2lb always) with a small split shot and try salmon egg power bait. also if its slow flyline a night crawler about half of one will do. cast it out and let it fall. if it dosnt get bit reel it in super slow and cast it out agian. i only like to fish 3 spots at that lake. 1 is right near the parking lot. anywhere on that corner is good. 2. just to the right of the dock and only cast about 10 feet past the dock. 3 is about half way down the pier. good luck! also try jigs. i was catching 100+ fish a day last year on jigs.

Hell yeah VG, we had a blast out there last year!

I personally like to use mini tube jigs, plastics on small jigheads and tiny rebel crankbaits (crawdad) and move around till you find the fish. Or you could just look for the heard of people that have already found them, lol.
Lots of people really do well on live bait, salmon eggs, or trout dough of your choice.
Good luck man, I'm sure we'll see you out there!

Uneekguy27
02-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey VG! dam dude long time no see! how u been bro? I hit up apollo today and its dead. tried everything and i couldn't get a bite. took the wifey and my son. so i'm sure ill see you all at the tourney right? pm me andy and adam and ill shoot you over my new cell number. till then ill see you all on saturday!
Tight Lines
Louie

vanillagurilla
02-27-2009, 10:58 PM
not me bro i broke up with that chick i was going out with up there.